The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

US Members/Trip

(128 posts)
  • Started 13 years ago by Doris
  • Latest reply from Brigitte Gant
  1. Doris

Hello, I'm Doris and I'm going on the German Gems trip. If any fellow Americans going on this trip wish to get in contact with me, please do. My e-mail address is: dkkibble@yahoo.com. I'm coming from Florida and will arrive in London on the morning of the 28th, April. I am so excited about this trip.
    Doris

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. Brigitte Gant

Unless someone turns up from Australia, you will certainly win the prize for the member who has travelled the furthest. You will so enjoy the trip as it is always great fun. Be prepared to laugh a lot. I am very excited about the trip, too. Looking forward to meeting you.

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. Hello Doris

Looking forward to meeting you. We always have a marvellous time on these trips. You are right to be excited we look forward all year to them and as Brigitte says be prepared to laugh a lot.

Sally

Posted 13 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Hi Doris, looking forward to meeting you when you get on the coach. We all have a fantastic time on these tours, so you'll really enjoy yourself, and you'll make lots of new friends. See you in April!! Barbara

Posted 13 years ago #
  5. I'm going too! (who's that I can hear saying 'Oh no, not her') My first time on a holiday week so I'm looking forward to it. I have been given to understand I need to take one case with all the stuff I need in the way of cloths/toiletries etc and one case - empty - for bringing back all the stuff I shall end up buying. Looking forwrd to seeing you all again.

Posted 13 years ago #
  6. Brigitte Gant

Brenda, you could also employ the Susan&Sally method. Bring only old clothes and once you've worn bin them. That way you have even more space for 'stuff'.

Posted 13 years ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

That was a brilliant method of packing. I actually used it a bit when we were on holiday last year, and had too much stuff to bring back. It works quite nicely.

Posted 13 years ago #
  8. Ruth Harrison

Only 14 weeks this Saturday in which to make up your mind how many cases/bags and how much clothing etc needed. Could always put one case inside another and then all clothes etc inside that or just add a few empty bags to the pile of clothes to pack. Decisions, decisions.

Posted 13 years ago #
  9. Barbara Stone

Just add a few empty bags Ruth, we'll need them for the things we plan to bring back. To hell with the clothes, we can always wash them if necessary, and we've got to stock up on stuff from V & H and Zweigart

Posted 13 years ago #
  10. Doris

Thank you all for the warm responses. I'm already laughing. Oh dear, I hope we come across a lot of post offices so I can mail my "have-to-haves" back to the states. Or buy myself a boat and row back. I know, it's a big pond. Seriously, is it pretty easy to find places to wash clothes?

Posted 13 years ago #
  11. Gosh - never thought of wearing stuff then throwing it away. What a good idea. I'll take all my falling-to-bits underwear and leave that behind!

Posted 13 years ago #
  12. Doris

Every time I look at Brenda, I'll be picturing her in torn undies,

Posted 13 years ago #
  13. Barbara Stone

I don't think I can imagine Brenda in torn undies!!. Seriously though, there are always post offices to send things back (Been there and done that as well) and failing that, you can always use the sink in your hotel room to rinse things out. (That is, if the hotel bathroom isn't as small as the one in Paris last year, (And everybdy who was on that tour knows what I mean.)

Posted 13 years ago #
  14. We sure do Barbara, but it didn't stop us having a good time though. Did it?

Sally

Posted 13 years ago #
  15. Barbara Stone

We did have a good time, but I still get claustraphobia when I think about that room.(and especially the bathroom) I can still remember the gales of laughter that echoed up and down the corridor every morning about shower time. And the bath in the middle of Ruth and Helens room when we were at Wuppertaal. This time is going to be even better I hope. Anyway, glad you've still got some money left. Got to go and sew some buttons on the Sergeants costume for the panto. See you anon.

Posted 13 years ago #
  16. Janet Nicholl

Hi Brenda - I am sure you will really enjoy the week. I went on the trip to Germany year before last and it was excellent. Nothing like being given a washing basket for your shopping and the run of the stock room at Vaupel & Heilenbeck! Not sure how long it took them to put it all to rights when we left...... The stitched samples room is heaven - so many wonderfull ideas, make sure you have your camera. The samples are on hangers on garmet racks - Yes! lots or racks, a whole room full. That is apart from all the samples on the walls, up the stairs, at the windows and in the office corridor.
    I can't remember - are you stopping in Bruges this time on the way back? We had a beautiful sunny day there - BTW there is a chocolate museum - Hmmmm and a demonstration to watch too - with a taster at the end ....

Posted 13 years ago #
  17. Brigitte Gant

Glad I am not the only one who could pee with excitement about the trip.

Posted 13 years ago #
  18. Barbara Stone

I was looking at my photos of the last trip to V & H, and having thought to myself that I would be able to restrain from spending too much money, I've now had second thoughts and am thinking about what I can take with me, thats small enough to fit in my case, but will expand to six times the size to take what I hope to buy at V & H and also the Zweigart place, (Cos they do wonderful patchwork material.) The trip is getting nearer!!!

Posted 13 years ago #
  19. 12 weeks this Saturday and we will be on the coach. I have a list for V&H which I am sure I will not stick to, once I`m there again and see all the lovely bands,ribbons etc.etc.I will be very tempted and temptation is a good thing YES?

Posted 13 years ago #
  20. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

temptation is a good thing YES?

Only if you give in to it!

Posted 13 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.