The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Thieves

(24 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Brigitte Gant
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Brigitte Gant

Just read Jane's sad news that the Flower Book Sampler has been stolen. I cannot understand how people can do that sort of thing. Is there no respect for others and their property any more?
    If the curse I have thought up for the thieving b...d works, someone is walking on their knees and finding it hard to pick their nose.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. annew

I'm so sorry Jane. I cannot believe a stitcher would steal another
    stitchers work. If so, I hope they go to the very Hot Place.
    You can have my Flower Book if it helps.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Barbara Stone

I was with Sue Robinson at the FOQ yesterday, and I told her that quilters are normally really nice people! How can somebody do that to somebody else? I think a suitable punishment would involve red hot pokers inflicted by members of the guild who are so incensed at the way people just help themselves. Both Sue and I were impressed by the locked cabinet that Jane has for the smaller items, but to pinch the Flower book - well thats despicable. You can have mine as well if that helps Jane. Big hugs.

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Can't believe what I've just read! I was at Jane's stall on Thursday - we were enjoying a little joke and laughing. As always the stall looked wonderful and I thought how attractive the chicken-wire box looked with goodies inside and that it would be a deterrent in terms of theft. I confess I did feel a little concern, which I wish now I hadn't left unspoken, in that to use her money-til she virtually had to turn her back to her stall - she was there on her own you see. Theft can be undertaken in an instant.

The Flower Sampler book - the loveliest of things...words fail me.

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Jean Strange

I just don't understand how any one could do this. I went into Bracknell market yesterday to collect a cushion pad from the stall run by Lady Sew and Sew from Marlow and my friend, who was running the stall, said Jane's stand was opposite theirs at the FOQ and had lots of lovely things on it. She said it looked really lovely. What a shame people cannot keep thier sticky fingers to themselves. Trying to think up some suitable punishment or curse to add to the others, perhaps the person might feel our collective anger and feel some sort of guilt but I very much doubt it. What puzzles me is what they think they are going to do with it.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

If I'd taken it (which I hasten to assure you I haven't, cos I've got one of my own already) Sorry, I'm slightly paranoid., but if I had, I wouldn't have the brass nerve to display it as mine, when it quite blatantly wasn't, and I don't think anybody I know would, either. Jane's stall looked lovely, she was doing lots of business and she looked really happy. I really don't like some people much at times. (Especially people who steal other peoples things)

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. I couldn't believe it. You must be absoloutely devastated Jane.To happen once is bad enough, but for a second project to go is terrible. How anyone can do such a thing I just don't know. I don't see how anyone can get any pleasure out of such a despicable deed. Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. 140559

I was so shocked to read this this morning. I really don't know what gets in to some people. We've seen such terrible things on the TV this week, with people stealing from shops. I honestly didn't think crafters were the sort of people that would steal. We all know just how many hours had gone into making that book. Jane is so generous with her time, she doesn't deserve this. Please let this person have a conscience and return the book straight away. Jane - please don't give up. The vast majority of us are decent and honest and are truly grateful for all that you do. Alison x

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Have just logged in and seen this - words cannot express the contempt and disgust I feel for the low-life scum who can do such a thing.

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. Doris

I am so disgusted. What can thieving a work of someones craft gain anyone? I hope the bird of conscienceness flies up their er nose.

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. Barbara Stone

A friend of mine who I had told about the theft went on a patchwork course this weekend and was told by the tutor, that she regularly expects to lose up to 10% of her stock when she goes to the shows, and in fact one of the indian stalls that was there, employs a man to stand oppostite the stand, just watching the customers all day, to make sure that nobody steals anything. Isn't it a sad inditement of the times when that has to happen? I think its because we're all so honest, that we have such difficulty in imagining how other people can be like that.

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. Brigitte Gant

Yes, Barbara, it is very sad. The recent riots showed that there are people around who have no respect for anything. For me the whole incident was wrapped in one woman shouting: 'I am grabbing my taxes back' as she dived into a shop grabbing a tv set. Mental or what?
    I often get nasty looks from fellow shoppers because it takes me a while to get my purse out of my bag, because it is so tucked away. My sentiments are, if I find it difficult maybe a would-be-pickpocket would, too.

Posted 12 years ago #
  13. Barbara Stone

I know the feeling Brigitte, in fact my purse has got a small bell attached to it. The shoppers in Leicester, were having their pockets picked so frequently that the local cops decided to do something about it, and issued small bells (free of charge) to ladies, so that if your purse is lifted, you'll hear it, and do something about it. My sister who was the lady mayoress was given a load, and I got some. I think its a good idea.

Posted 12 years ago #
  14. Brigitte Gant

Excellent idea. Shame, we cannot have little mantraps hidden in our bags so that thieves would get their fingers chopped off.

Posted 12 years ago #
  15. Barbara Stone

We'd be up in court for asault, cos you can't injure the poor burglars can you? This country is going to the dogs!!!!

Posted 12 years ago #
  16. Doris

But if we gave each other alibi's ... no, won't work cuz some of us look guilty even when we're innocent.

Posted 12 years ago #
  17. Barbara Stone

It just goes to prove that we're all good people, and we don't do anything wrong, and we can't understand how other people can be so disgustingly bad!! (However, if you need an alibi Doris, I'll perjure myself for you!!)

Posted 12 years ago #
  18. Brigitte Gant

I'll be there beside you, Barbara. 200%.

Posted 12 years ago #
  19. Doris

Ah, Barbara... makes me have tears of wonderment. I'll visit you in gaol, maybe even bring you cross stitch projects. Brigitte will guard our innocence.

Posted 12 years ago #
  20. Barbara Stone

Doris, that's very kind of you. I'll let you know which gaol and when I'll be there!!!
    (Hopefully, I won't be put away for too long!)

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.