The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Shopping

(26 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Doris
  • Latest reply from Helen Hawkins-Ainsley

No tags yet.

1. Doris

OK, ladies, what am I going to be buying in Denmark and Normway. Need to know how much to bring and heaven help me if I don't change my money at the airport in London. I was so embarrassed ... Brigette had to spring for a trip to the loo for me.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Doris

Normway? Maybe a dictionary is in order.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Hi Doris

So pleased that you will be going to Norway. I wouldn’t miss it for anything.
    As to shopping well you will have such a choice especially at the Danish Handicraft Centre. Not only do they have loads of different kits for you to stitch they also have wonderful Flower threads and loads of knitting wool and fabric.
    In Norway you have the marvellous Hardanger which I’m sure you won’t be able to resist. and Fabulous knitwear.
    And just wait until you get to the hotel as it really is out of this world.
    See you on the coach.
    Sally
    PS. You won't need to get a "Smart Car" as you got that in Germany

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Hi Doris

Looking forward to meeting you on the Norway Trip.
    As Sally says you won't be disappointed in Norway.
    Yuo could always buy Lego in Denmark & Reindeer Rugs in Norway - just depends how big your case is

Helen

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Brigitte Gant

Doris, you will love the hotel. I am nearly peeing myself with excitement about the prospect of going to Denmark and Norway again.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Doris

Brigetti, poor dear. Here, I'll spot you the coin for the loo. I owe you anyway.

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Doris

Well, crappola ... BrigIttE at least I know how to pronounce it.

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Brigitte Gant

Thank you, Doris. This thread is fast heading into a completely different direction again. How does that happen?

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. Barbara Stone

I have no idea, but it always seems to do so, doesn't it? I've decided I'm not going to buy anything when in Norway, but Denmark - well, who knows. I know I won't be buying the complete range of Flower Threads, I've got too many already, and I haven't done that much cross stitch lately. Okay, I'm going to be full of good intentions, but maybe I'll be able to keep to them. I'm going to rely on the rest of you to keep me on the straight and narrow - please??

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. Brigitte Gant

Give me one good reason why we should?

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. 140559

Since I was in hospital when Olympia was on and will have just got out ( and therefore housebound) when it's time for Alexandra
    Palace, I'm guessing that the money I would have spent in London will be needed on tour. Norway can't come soon enough for me. Does anyone have a magic wand?

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. Doris

Well, my girls claim I have ADHD, but they gotta be mistook oh look, a chicken crossing the road...

(whispers to Brigitte) if Barbara gives us permission to boss her, I think we ought to acquiese

I really was curious about what I can buy there.

Posted 12 years ago #
  13. Barbara Stone

The only reason I need to be kept on the straight and narrow is because I bought a lovely jumper the last time I was there, I've worn it once, so I need to avoid buying things that are never going to be worn, or even used, and basically I need to stop spending money and wasting it. I'm going to be allowed to buy food (if needed), the occasional drink, Postcards and stamps, and if I find a patchwork shop (cos I know theres one somewhere where we're going) I shall inspect it, and maybe purchase something from it. As to your query Doris, the hotel sells lovely knitted jumpers, but they are expensive, and at the hardanger museum you can buy nice stuff. Bring lots of dosh, and then you can change it back if you don't spend it.

Posted 12 years ago #
  14. Last time in Norway I bought a lovely knitted jacket which has seen a lot of wear. It is so comfortable. I hope to buy another one next trip before I wear the first one out.

Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  15. Brigitte Gant

I always thought that I would be sensible by the time I got to over 60. Geeeees, how wrong can you be???????? I am well over that now and now sign of being sensible yet.

Posted 12 years ago #
  16. Barbara Stone

You're kidding aren't you? You're never over 60! If you are then you must have one of those pictures in the attic. And as for being sensible, well.... nuff said.

Posted 12 years ago #
  17. Brigitte Gant

Well, I am silly enough to write a second now instead of a no. Yep, I am that old. In a few months' time I shall be asking you in the style of Lennon & McCartney: Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm ..... ?
    Feeling my age a bit today, though. DH went to bed half an hour ago. We clocked up just over 200 miles today to take Lorelie and Jonas to the Trout Farm at Bibury. I did not know kids could squeel that loud with excitement catching a fish. DH expertly cleaned and gutted seven fish and then it was off to the café for a sandwich and icecream. After a few rounds in the playground it was back to the car. It did not take long for Jonas to fall asleep. We had to stay a while to give some time to Gabriel and Heathcliff before heading home. Last Christmas Gabriel's cross stitched card went missing. At the beginning of the week I finally got round to stitching it again, but not 'put it together' yet. Guess what turned up behind from a radiator yesterday?????

Posted 12 years ago #
  18. Barbara Stone

We'll always love you Brigitte, even if you are the age that Lennon and McCartney ask about. Glad you enjoyed yourself at Bibury, and nobody got wet. Bob and I went out for a drive yesterday afternoon, and I was trying to set him in the direction of Bibury, but no dice, and we went through Lacock instead. Very enjoyable after the hard work in the morning.

Posted 12 years ago #
  19. Oh to be that age again. I now count backwards instead of forwards that way it makes me feel better.

Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  20. 140559

Can I bring the thread back to the topic! Can anyone give me an idea as to how much cash etc I should bring? Also, are credit cards accepted widely (I've got MasterCard and Amex) ? By the way, I don't care how old anybody is, I'm just glad that age isn't measured by how often you have to go to the hairdressers and have the chrome (grey) removed and natural hair colour is restored! Alison

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.