The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Scotland trip

(39 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Christine Berrett
  • Latest reply from Andrea Thompson

No tags yet.

1. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Getting v excited about the Scotland trip - only 20 sleeps to go!

Christine

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Hi Christine

Yes it's not long now. I've stated packing already.The most important item of course after my sewing kit being my camera.

I look forward to seeing eveyone again. I know we are all going to have a wonderful time. See you on the coach. Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. 140559

Boo hisses. It's not fair! I expect to hear all about it and am really looking forward to Norway! Love Alison xxx

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Su Maddocks

As a new "girl" on the trip I am looking forward to putting faces to some "forum names"!

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Barbara Stone

I didn't realise it was so few sleeps! Sally did you say that you wanted the bars for the slot together frames? I'll bring them with me anyway, and if anybody wants them, they can have them. Really looking forward to the trip, and case is starting to get things put into it. What a sad bunny I am!

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Hi Barbara

Yes I did. I seem to have misplaced mine or lent them to some one.. I have your books in my case ready so that I don't forget them. See you soon. Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Barbara

My stitching bag is already being assembled for the trip but the suitcase can wait until the morning we go - got to get my priorities right!!!

Christine

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Barbara Stone

Stitching bag has been assembled for weeks as is not been used for a while, so the case is the next big thing to get ready. I always seem to forget one vital thing when I pack. How does everybody else manage to remember everything? My forgettery is getting worse, and although I've tried writing memos to myself, I still manage to forget things. Anybody got any suggestions that they use.

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Barbara

Whatever makes you think that everybody else DOES remember everything?
    I suspect that most of us have work-arounds for whichever item it is we've forgotten this time (sigh).....

Cab.

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. Barbara Stone

Christine thankyou. That makes me feel a lot better. See you on the coach!

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. It doesn't matter what we forget so long as we don't forget ourselves.

Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

As my husband always says, as long as I've got my meter, my insulin, my lucozade and my test strips, I can cope without anything else, and I guess he's right.

Posted 12 years ago #
  13. Brigitte Gant

Just don't try and cope without your front teeth again, Barbara.

Posted 12 years ago #
  14. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Barbara

I'd say your husband is correct - it would be difficult to get hold of some of those items at short notice. However, I'm intrigued by Brigitte's comment about front teeth?

Only 10 sleeps to go now.....

Christine

Posted 12 years ago #
  15. annew

Sorry Barbara I had a giggle at Brigitte's comment.
    We still love you with or without teeth.
    See you on the coach Luv Anne and Pat

Posted 12 years ago #
  16. Barbara Stone

For those of you who don't know the story, I left my teeth on the concrete floor of the hotel in Bruges, when we went about two years ago. I managed to fall off one step, and ended up spitting out my five front teeth. I ended up with a bruise that looked like Hitlers moustache, couldn't eat anything except yoghurt for two days and it took a good seven months to be able to get my proper replacements inserted. I do not intend to do anything like that again in a hurry. But thank you Anne and Pat, I love you too, and it will be nice to see you on the coach.

Posted 12 years ago #
  17. Su Maddocks

OUCH !!!!

Posted 12 years ago #
  18. Barbara Stone

Actualy Su, I think thats what I said at the time. As I recall, I didn't even swear!! However, I know that Elizabeth, our sainted vicar did so at the barman, when she was trying to get him to give her some water for me, and he wanted to be paid for it. Look forward to meeting you on the coach.

Posted 12 years ago #
  19. Hey ho - really can't wait - had dreadful withdrawal symptoms not going on the main tour this year (though kept weather good for folk again I understand!) See you all next Friday - and counting!

Posted 12 years ago #
  20. Hi Elizabeth

It will be good to se you again we missed you on holiday this year.Yes we had lovely weather See you on the coach..

Sally

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.