The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Norway

(51 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Helen Hawkins-Ainsley
  • Latest reply from Christine Berrett

Tags:

1. As I can't go to Scotland I'm going to annoy you all by telling you it's 167 sleeps until we go to Norway.
    Mick says he thinks he can just about manage to go back to "THAT" hotel
    He's been practising his sewing skills so you can all see how much he has progressed - might let him have some scissors
    Helen

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. 140559

As someone else who isn't going to Scotland, thank you so much for counting how many sleeps to Norway! Can't wait! Alison xxx

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Thought I'd update this. If I started it 3 weeks ago it must be 146 sleeps now(?)

We are going to meet Jane, Bill & Malcolm in London. Is anyone else starting from London? are you staying Friday night & if so where?

Mick says he thinks he can "manage" to stay in "that" hotel again
    Think Jane is going to keep him & Bill apart or she might have 2 naughty boys on the trip !!!!!!!!!

Helen

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. 140559

I'm going to get on in London too but don't know yet if I'm going up the night before. It all depends on what time I have to be there. What time was it last time? If its early I'll be looking to stay somewhere near the night before. Alison xxx

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Barbara Stone

It won't be as early as it is for the masochists who go from Fairford. We normally start about 8.00 a.m, and then have to drive up the M4 to London, so we never normally arrive until approximately 10.30 a.m. I have no idea what time our ferry is going, so we might be leaving later if the ferry isn't until nighttime. How many sleeps is it now?

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Ruth Harrison

Last time we used the ferry to Denmark we needed to be there around 4pm ish, so probably the same. You are not a masochist, Fairford just happens to be the nearest stop for you to get on at.

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Brigitte Gant

I would never chance trying to get to London. Much easier to stay at the Bull the night before and be there.

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Just thought I'd update this
    It's now 96 sleeps (some one put an extra day in February)
    Can't wait

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. That'll be God who put the extra day in February Helen........... obviously he's not a stitcher. Love Brenda

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

On the contrary, Brenda - God clearly IS a stitcher since She's given us an extra day this year to be spent stitching!

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. Auntie Beryl

Thats an idea ,Christine ! What are the Northen Branch doing that day ? I am not even sure what day of the week it is but I can always fit in a stitching day .

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

29th Feb is a Wednesday, so that's me scuppered for a stitching day :o((

Posted 12 years ago #
  13. Oh no! a WEDNESDAY!! that means an extra day round Asda, never mind the stitching. I'm going to sulk now.

How interesting Christine sees God as a 'She' - you're not getting confused because of the long frock are you? Don't forget, they all wore long frocks in those days -men and women. What they should've done is give the women high heels on their sandals, then we'd've known where we stood.

Posted 12 years ago #
  14. Wednesday is a terrible day to have an extra one, unless some one can declare it a stitching (bank) holiday

Any way onlt 61 sleeps now.
    We are booked in to the Thistle near Victoria for both ends of the journey. Will be getting there by train.

I know Pat, Ann, Sally & Alison are going but as the trip has been full for ages who are the rest of you that are going

Helen

Posted 12 years ago #
  15. Wednesday is a terrible day to have an extra one, unless some one can declare it a stitching (bank) holiday

Any way onlt 61 sleeps now.
    We are booked in to the Thistle near Victoria for both ends of the journey. Will be getting there by train.

I know Pat, Ann, Sally & Alison are going but as the trip has been full for ages who are the rest of you that are going

Helen

Posted 12 years ago #
  16. Barbara Stone

Hi Helen, Mary, Ruth, Sue and myself are going, but Helen's saving for another flat, so she's opted out. I think Jane Napier is coming as well, and I hope Elizabeth and Maggie are going to be on the coach as well, and if Alison O is well enough she'll be coming as well. So that's 13, so who else is coming? Incidentally, Wenesday is quite a nice day to have as an extra day, but Thursday (which is my C & G day) would be even nicer. And of course God is a woman! When she made man, she was only practicing!!

Posted 12 years ago #
  17. Brigitte Gant

Sorry, girls, but I am coming, too. So is Margaret from the Isle of Man. We are going to be staying at the Bull the night before, so will not be late for the coach - unless silly me locks herself out of the room. I still break out into a cold sweat when I think of that, and the fact that there was nobody on site to give me a spare key.

Posted 12 years ago #
  18. Barbara Stone

Of course you're coming too!! Sorry I forgot. How many sleeps is it now?

Posted 12 years ago #
  19. 140559

I'd better be well enough, otherwise a small model of a certain man will have lots of pins stuck in him! Surgery on Tuesday so I should make it. I'm also staying in the Thistle near Victoria the night before. Alison xxx

Posted 12 years ago #
  20. Barbara Stone

As our post is completely up the swannee, anybody had a demand for money from Bill? Only reason is that she said she was going to ask for the rest of the cash in February, so I wondered if my letter had gone astray.

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.