The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Help wanted

(29 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by 140559
  • Latest reply from brenda midgley

No tags yet.

1. 140559

Has anyone got any of the thin green Oliver Twist thread from the small Leicester project. I've got one more block of Hardanger left and I've run out. I'll willingly send a stamp to anyone who can help. Thank you. Alison xxx

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Hi Alison

I'm in the same position. Jane doesn't have any at present but is hoping to get some more in.I have two blocks still to finish. Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

This probably isn't going to be at all helpful, but when I realised (quite early on) that the thread wasn't going to hold out I altered the design to use less thread.

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Hello Alison - maybe I'm being a bit dense (doesn't take much) - but I've just checked my card of threads to see if I can help you out and I don't have a thin green Oliver Twist thread. Mine are a sort of pearly grey colour - are you sure you've got the right thing? I assume we are talking about Flowery Mead or have I got that wrong as well. Brenda

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Brenda

The green Oliver Twist threads (thick and thin) were used on the alternative project that weekend - not the Flowery Mead, but the little Hardanger Tile (for want of a better description). I'll show you my version next time I see you!

Cab.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Yes we were given the chose and could do both if we wished.I have the green one finished except for two blocks as I ran out of thread. I have done it in an alternative colour but would like to finish the green one if possible. Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Oh, it's all making a bit more sense to me now! I didn't do that particular project.

Next question - do you know the number of the thread anyone? There is a shop nearby in Audlem which stocks Oliver Twist threads - I could jump in the car and go get some. Alternatively I shall be seeing Christine on Saturday....... Mrs. Berrett dear if you have a little bit of thread for matching up I could maybe take that with me to the Audlem shop.

Can't have all these ladies getting their knickers in a 'Twist' - joke - geddit - groan, yeh, yeh, bit corny really - best I can come up with. I'm a morning person me, start going downhill from lunchtime so I'm not at my best this time of the day.

I'll see you Saturday and we can have a look-see then. Brenda

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hi Brenda

I have the finished project, of course, but not a scrap of left-over thread at all! I didn't even keep the chart for this one (most unusually) because I had changed it so much. Hey-ho.

See you Saturday.....

Cab.

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. 140559

I wish I did have the number but the threads were in the pack. I've looked on various websites to see if I can match it but am a bit unsure as to whether it's sludge green or rust green or some other shade of green! I'm hoping that someone picked up the kit and then decided not to do it! Wish I'd realised before I started it. Alison xx

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. Hi Brenda

I dont have the number but I can put a sample in the post to you tomorrow if that would help. Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. Janet Nicholl

Hi all
    Just logged on after a hectic few days ....
    I have the thread because I stitched it in a different colour.
    Sooooooo the first to me with a postal address for
    2 (1 strand of thick)
    10 (1 strand of thin)
    I will pop in the post today or whenever I receive your note.
    Sally - one booked for you & in the post today.
    Alison - is that 7 Aitken Crescent you? Confirm & one on the way to you.
    8 left.....

I think the colour is 009 but don't hold me to it.
    janet.nicholl@tiscali.co.uk

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. 140559

Thanks Janet. I'm the other Alison! I've just sent you an email with my address. You are wonderful! Xxx

Posted 12 years ago #
  13. Thanks Janet.I look forward to receiving the thread and thanks to Brenda for her offer.The sample is sat waiting to post so I will now retrieve it, and save you a journey Brenda. Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  14. Janet Nicholl

Alison - on it's way.

Posted 12 years ago #
  15. Janet Nicholl

Sally - yours too..

Posted 12 years ago #
  16. Oh, isn't this nice - all sorted and 'everyone's a winner' as Delboy would say.

Lovely to see all the Guild ladies rallying round to help each other out - so - bearing that in mind - I have a house that needs hoovering, windows that need cleaning, a garden that needs - just about everything and a car that could do with a wash................. so, if you are all still feeling overflowing with benevolence please feel free to come and join me.

Look forward to hearing from you; although answers along the lines of 'get stuffed' will not be acknowledged! Love Brenda

Posted 12 years ago #
  17. Janet Nicholl

Brenda
    I can't actually think of a riposte at this minute.....
    I am sure one might come to me later :-) :-)
    Whether it is polite enough to post though................
    XXX J

Posted 12 years ago #
  18. Andrea Thompson

Personally, I think you shouldn't clean your windows more than once a year... you don't want to wear the glass thin afterall. :-)

Posted 12 years ago #
  19. Janet Nicholl

Cars need a protective coat of - anything - except when there is salt on the road, then maybe a hose down.
    Mine has survived 12 years and never been in a car wash. Yes - it has been washed occasionally, not by me if I can avoid it. Thats one thing I miss about work (about the only thing I might add...) the little man who came round every couple of weeks and cleaned the car for a fiver and if you were lucky vacuumed it out too.

Posted 12 years ago #
  20. Thank you Janet. The thread arrived today so I can now get my stitching completed. Sally

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.