The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

1. Hi, I am booked on my first stitching class at Pinks Barn, staying 2 nights at Hathaways; Any tips or suggestions on what to bring (or not bring!!)

Rachel

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Su Maddocks

Hi Rachel - all you really need to bring is a sense of humour and join in the fun. See you there Su

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Barbara Stone

Hi Rachael, as long as you bring your stitching glasses (if necessary) a pair of scissors and as Su says, your sense of humour, you'll be okay. If you've got any stitching you're really proud of, you could bring that for a bring and brag as well. Incidentally, the rest of Hathaways is taken that weekend with other stitchers who'll be going to Janes as well. See you there. Barbara

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Janet Nicholl

Hi Rachel
    Just a little warning - the Christmas stitching day at Pinks is a bit different to a normal class.
    Normally there are between 8 & 12 of us and we sit round Jane's big table with a project (which we never get finished but have enough done & the knowledge to complete when we get home). Lots of chat and quite a lot of stitching, a lovely lunch, excellent company.
    Christmas class is bigger (25 this year with lots of disappointed regulars who didn't get their act together early enough - sorry Brigitte XXX ) We WILL have a project and we will do some stitching and there is room for all to sit but there will be proportionally more chat, fun, food and of course the usual rummage through Jane's alladin's cave of a stock room so bring your shopping list. You will enjoy the wonderful atmosphere and company but it is not quite the "usual format".
    See you there..... XX Janet

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Sue Robinson

Hi Rachel
    I am booked in at Hathaways for the 2 nights, and Ruth and Helen are staying over on the Saturday night, so you will have plenty of company. If you use mascara then invest in a waterproof one, from one who has resembled a panda before now. See you there.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

Mary and I are going to be at Hathaways as well, so its going to be a fun weekend. How many sleeps is it??

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Brigitte Gant

Jane phoned me today that she had had a cancellation for the Christmas stitch. It would not have happened, if I had a weekend of twiddling my thumbs, but as our Gloucester lot have announced to come to us that weekend and go out with my elder daughter and husband to celebrate son in law's birthday, there will be 6 grandchildren to babysit, I had to decline as I don't think DH would cope on his own with the lively small persons ranging from 7 years to 10 months.
    I shall be with you in spirit - and by the time the little treasures are asleep there will be some spirit in me, too.

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Barbara Stone

We'll,(hic) miss you and be thinking (hic) about you Brigitte. (hic)

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. 140559

I wish Jane lived nearer to me and I could join you all next week. I could do with a bit of a giggle. Still, that will have to wait, but I hope you all have a brilliant time. Alison xxx

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. Jean Strange

Hi Everyone
    Looking forward to Saturday. Fiona and I are coming from Berkshire way and my friend Jenny is coming from Bristol to join us. Looking forward to a lovely relaxed day after all the problems we have had lately. Catch up with you all then.
    Jean

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. craftysue

and I am coming from Hampshire, seems ages since I last did a stitching day, really looking forward to it, wished I had thought earlier and came down on friday, but still... Jean where in Berks are you and how long do you think it will take u please ?

see you all saturday
    Sue

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. Jean Strange

Hi Sue
    I am in Bracknell in Berkshire and we estimate it takes about 1 hr 15 to 1 hr 30 after Fiona picks me up to get to Jane's. If there are no problems or hold ups that is. We have only had one problem where we took a wrong turn off normal route but still knew how to get there but there was an accident blocking the road. Luckily a very helpful cyclist stopped and told us what the problem was and how to get round it and back on the road we wanted. Hope this helps.
    Jean

Posted 12 years ago #
  13. Only one more sleep to go!!! I am coming with:

Sense of humour,compass, dosh, glasses, more dosh, road map, scissors, waterproof mascara!

I'm not sure if the mascara was compulsory, but I've gone and bought some anyway, cos I never wear it!!

Posted 12 years ago #
  14. Barbara Stone

Well, at least you're prepared, which is more than I am, and I'm going out all day tomorrow. Look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Posted 12 years ago #
  15. Su Maddocks

Glad I'm not the only one who's not organised Barbara - leaving North Devon early in the morning to meet up with friends in Cirencester (staying at Andie's B&B in Fairford), and haven't even thought about packing - but too busy finishing some stitching to do it now so it will have to be one of Jane's BBC starts in the morning !

Posted 12 years ago #
  16. kath

mascara not a problem as no longer wear it but got cash, glasses, stitching magnifier lamp and my overnight case for tonight and saturday night as staying at my friend michelle home who is also coming.

Posted 12 years ago #
  17. Barbara Stone

Have at last managed to shove a few things into an overnight bag, remember to take Sue's bag and my assessment things to bring and brag, and remember my stitching stuff. Just got to remind myself to pick up the bags and remember the way to Fairford. Shouldn't be a problem as I came back from our day out today at Moreton in Marsh, along the road that leads to Janes. See you all at Janes house tomorrow.

Posted 12 years ago #
  18. Jean Strange

Hi anyone who sees this before Sat AM
    Going to need relaxing day even more than mentioned before!! Son in law had accident in husbands 4 X 4, car right off, no insurance or any thing else only grateful he is alive!!

Posted 12 years ago #
  19. Barbara Stone

I know all of us had a fantastic day on Saturday, meeting up with all our friends, so I know I'm not alone in sending a great big thank you to Jane,Bill and all the helpers. So many thanks to you guys, and hope to see you soon.

Posted 12 years ago #
  20. Su Maddocks

OOOOH I second that Barbara - it was a fantastic day and Jane and Bill and the "girls" were brilliant - it really made me realise that Christmas is only 2 weeks away, Pinks Barn looked fantastic and the atmosphere was truly Yule - y !! (sorry)I got home just after lunch today and ended up wrapping all my presents whilst I was still in the mood.

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.