The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Please help

(27 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by HelenMT
  • Latest reply from brenda midgley

No tags yet.

1. Barbara Stone

I adore listening to Agatha Christie and the Miss Marple books while I'm travelling or cross stitching. I also have the Sceptered Isle books on tape, which gives a really good history lesson from the dawn of the British Isles right up to the present day, so if I want to be educated, I listen to them as well.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Janet

I have just started to listen to audio books as well, I can stitch and listen at the same time which is brilliant, also comes in handy when doing housework tasks( I suppose I have to do some housework sometimes ha ha).

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

"I suppose I have to do some housework sometimes ha ha"

Er, why?

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Auntie Beryl

I have never understood the obsession with housework. I work on the principle that "Nobody died because there was dust on the mantlepiece". And I am still here to tell the tale !

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Barbara Stone

Er, 'scuse me for sounding like a slob, but what's housework? I think my mother is obsessed with it, so I managed to get a life long aversion to it when I lived at home. I only do any if I'm expecting visitors, but otherwise, I've got too much else to be getting on with. As you say Auntie Beryl, "nobody died cos there was dust on the mantlepiece", so to hell with it. Glad other people think like me.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Auntie Beryl

When my husband arrived home from work and there was nothing on the top of the Piano , his first question was "Who is coming for tea " He does not mind people coming to stay , it keeps me happy and gets the house cleaned ,too !

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. They do say those women who do housework and enjoy it are boring, frustrated and unfulfilled in some way.

Er......at home here in Crewe the hoover and polish come out fairly regularly, the sinks are usually shiny clean, the washing machine is always churning.........oh dear, not much hope for me then!

Will someone please give me a stiff talking to, to set me on the right track. Just think of all the extra stitching time I could get out of it if I simply said stuff the housework!

For those who had been at Swindon - it was lovely to see you all. Wasn't the food wonderful! and I absolutely loved the project Jane has given us. I know many of you are now preparing yourself in readiness for Norway - hope you have a lovely time. For myself my mind is a bit further into the future to when we all set off for another weekend in Bradford.

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.