The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

(77 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Linda
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone
  1. Jean Strange

Helen reading your comment about Mick and Bring and Brag reminds me of comments about my husband Jeff. I go to a hairdressers in the New Forest where we have a caravan, the other ladies were discussing their husbands/partners and what they did/did not do. When they found out what my Jeff would and could do they said I should put him on ebay and see what I could ge for him!!!!!!! He was party to this dissussion as they do male hairdressing as well.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Having read the comments about the retirement home I think I've found the place.

The group I go to a Monday night meeting the day centre for some old peoples' sheltered flats. Next door was the residential home (the council have just closed it). One of the ladies who comes to the group has Downs & goes home in a taxi. Whenever she has a new driver they pull up at the residential side looking for the Cros Stitch Nursing Home !!!

Strange how must of us prefer alchohol to cocoa

I supposed we could always get a bar installed!

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Barbara Stone

The bar, my dear Helen, is a definite necessity!! Can't imagine a retirement home without one.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

And before you lot out there think it, I'm NOT an alcoholic.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Never thought it for one moment!

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Brigitte Gant

But we do like our tipple, just not the headache the next day, so we very sensibly indulge in moderation. At least that is the plan.

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hic!

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. Jean Strange

I remember my Dad was recommended by a doctor to take a drop of brandy and warm water before going to bed to help with his digestive problems. Sounds like alcohol in moderation could be approved!!

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Oh yes, there's never been a problem with alcohol "in moderation"!

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. Barbara Stone

It's trying to work out how much is "in moderation". I reckon you have to start with 1 bottle and then work your way upwards. Sorry did I say bottle, I meant glass. Hic.

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I've an uncomfortable feeling that my "moderation" might be someone else's "binge" :o(

Posted 11 years ago #
  12. Jean Strange

Funny feeling I could be in the same boat Christine!! Barbara I think bottle sounds good, after all I have seen glasses designed to take a bottle!!!!! We gave one to a friend as a joke (he is a definate wine lover) and his wife put it in the next jumble sale. We were not amused.

Posted 11 years ago #
  13. Andrea Thompson

I think the Stitchers Retreat is going to need a cocktail lounge :-)

Posted 11 years ago #
  14. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Oh, and a good restaurant too!!

Posted 11 years ago #
  15. Jean Strange

Cocktail lounge with nice comfy chairs and good light for stitching!! Definately the restaurant Christine.

Posted 11 years ago #
  16. Barbara Stone

I think one glass is my limit, except of course when I'm away o a CSG holiday. So to recap, we need a cocktail lounge, a good restaurant and nice comfy chairs and good light for stitching. Anybody think of anything else tht could be classed as a necessity for our Stitchers Retreat?

Posted 11 years ago #
  17. Brigitte Gant

Malcolm and his coach to take us to our stitching shops and venues whenever the urge comes over us.

Posted 11 years ago #
  18. Unlimited stitching supplies

Posted 11 years ago #
  19. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Unlimited time

Posted 11 years ago #
  20. Barbara Stone

Silly me to have forgotten the last three items. When the heck are we going to start building it, so I can book in? From Tuesday I'm going to be stuck in a chair with my foot up, and not walk at all, so I'll have nothing else to do for four weeks, but sew, knit and watch the tennis, and maybe do a little bit of work on my patchwork quilt. I can't think of any better reason for having an operation can you?

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.