The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Getting going again

(24 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by 140559
  • Latest reply from Jean Strange

No tags yet.

1. 140559

After ten weeks in hospital, six trips to theatre and three weeks at home, my headaches went away for a couple of hours yesterday and I picked up a needle! Only managed thirty minutes or so,but it's a start! Let's hope I can do a little today as well. Alison xxx

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Ann S

I do hope so, Alison. It sounds as though you have really been through the mill. Good wishes and prayers coming your way, Ann

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Hi Alison - Have been thinking about you recently as you were still too poorly to go to Norway. Hope you will be able to join us for Jane's next weekend whenever that be. Love Monica xx

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Alison, I'm so pleased to hear that Uncle Colins handywork is going to do some good. I'll write to you soon, but just glad to know that things are getting better.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Cecilia

Best wishes to you, Alison. Hope you are getting better.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

Just to keep you up to date, Alison went back to theatre again today, and is now back on the ward, but I have no idea when she will be going home. Positive vibes towards her please. She's going to need lots of good thoughts from everybody. Thanks in advance to everybody.

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Sending positive vibes and good thoughts as hard as I can!

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. Jean Strange

Positive vibes, good thoughts and hopes for a good recovery are on their way.

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. Thinking of you Alison, all the time xx

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. Ann S

I've never met Alison other than on this forum but am sending her prayers and very best wishes for her recovery.

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. Barbara Stone

She's home - in fact the message I got read, "Battered , bloodied and bruised, but home." So I'm sure she appreciates all your positive vibes. Thanks

Posted 11 years ago #
  12. Yes Barbara I received the same message. We are all wishing you well Alison. Sally

Posted 11 years ago #
  13. Brigitte Gant

What a rotten time Alison has been having. Let's hope this is the last of the trips to the hospital. I am hoping to take a drive over and see her when she is a bit stronger.

Posted 11 years ago #
  14. 140559

Thank you everyone. I'm home and hope to stay here! Since I've now got a huge scar across my front I'm not going to be swinging from any chandeliers for a while! I've been told that if there's no further set backs I should be fit in about five months so it's going to be a slow process, so I'm going to need those positive vibes. Hopefully I can get back to stitching soon but moving is very difficult at the moment. Alison xxx

Posted 11 years ago #
  15. Brigitte Gant

I don't think swinging from a chandelier is an option for any of us, Alison, so don't feel bad that you cannot do it for a while. Just take each day as it comes and get better. Big get well hugs (gentle ones, though)

Posted 11 years ago #
  16. Nozzerwad

Oooh - you have been through the mill. Lots of gentle healing hugs to you..

Barbara xx

Posted 11 years ago #
  17. 140559

Thank you for all your wishes and hugs. Stitching at a stalemate again. A nine inch scar across my stomach makes anything but lying uncomfortable! I'm also still struggling with healing neck muscles so am spending a lot of time horizontal with my head propped up! Still, I'm home and apart from a checkup in two weeks time, have no plans to return to the care of the Royal Free! Love Alison xxx

Posted 11 years ago #
  18. Great news Alison that things are on the up. Take it easy - well no choice there! - and I'm sure recovery time will soon pass and stitching will be a pleasure again. Lots of love, Monica xx

Posted 11 years ago #
  19. 140559

Well, here I am, sitting on a bed in the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery trying to get some stitching done and trying not to moave the drip going into a precious drain. The problem is ?meningitis which has left me with a constant headache and sickness. Best case scenario is that I'll I get out around the 18th. I am extremely fed up (no TV) and I wonder, has Ray remembered to set the TV to tape Jane! Love to all, Alison xxx

Posted 11 years ago #
  20. 140559

Just read what I wrote. What reads as drain should be vein. I'm balming the drugs! Alison xxx

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.