The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Mii Stitch

(34 posts)

Tags:

1. Mii Stitch

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this forum and like most of you: love cross stitching!
    Got a few on the go projects :) and a LOT of unfinished ones too :(
    I'll try to keep you updated with everything but also feel free to visit
    my blog (pretty pretty please!) http://miistitch.blogspot.co.uk
    Let's keep in touch,
    Mii
    x

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Mii Stitch

Mii again!
    Anyone know how the upload a picture on your profile or/& also in the posts???
    Help!

Mii
    x

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Barbara Stone

No. we've been bemoaning the fact that we can't have pictures on the profile for quite a while now. (And if you're reading this Christine, any ideas?) But welcome to the fourm Mii.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Mii Stitch

Thanks Barbara!!!
    A bit disappointed about the pic.
    What is the point for this forum if we can't show our progress about our hard work???
    Never mind, I'm sure the members must use a link to their blog or something.
    Have a lovely weekend... cross stitching maybe?
    Mii
    x
    http://miistitch.blogspot.co.uk

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Janet Nicholl

I belong to a Victoria Sampler Yahoo group where we each can have our own photo album and we can put up a profile picture if we want to.
    Not sure how to set a group up and I guess it would need someone to moderate it just in case we got infiltrated by junk posters.
    I guess Jane is far too busy to add this to her work load so we would not be able to call it a CSG group but how about some suggestions for a name and would it be restricted to CSG members? That might be difficult if Jane isn't involved so just like minded stitchers I guess??
    It might be more accesible as I know a number of people will not get involved with social networking sites like Face Book, although to be fair I have not had problems so far ...... perhaps that is tempting fate!

The questions are: Do we? How do we? What is the group titled? Is anyone more IT literate than me able/prepared to set it up and tell us how to join? or shall I just crawl back into my gingerbread house??

Janet

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. parddu

Yahoo groups are, (or were, it's a long time since I set one up) quite easy to set up and membership can be restricted.

Rosemary

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Barbara, I may have powers beyond the dreams of avarice but I can't change the way the forum is constructed :o(

However, there was a topic started by Doris (click on the pink link below) which gave details of how to link to Photobucket if anyone is interested...

http://forum.thecrossstitchguild.co.uk/topic.php?id=364

Christine

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Janet, I am happy to moderate if a group gets set up.

C.

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. Barbara Stone

But Christine, I thought you were the fount of all knowledge. You've severely disappointed me now to know that you are fallible. Seriously though, it does sound a good idea.

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. parddu

If there's enough interest I'd be happy to set the group up.

Rosemary

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. Janet Nicholl

This is all looking good.
    What shall we call ourselves?
    Come on Brenda - you have good ideas!
    As it would originate through this forum would you like me to check with Jane or at least let her know what we are up to? She may have something in the pipeline with her IT gurus. She has mentioned a couple of times about updating and we don't want to tread on any toes.
    I know there's nothing to stop us setting up a group but I think it would be common courtesy to talk to her first - don't you??
    Anyone have any feelings about ground rules? How about the name? After watching the men's, sorry - Gentlemen's Doubles Final my brain is a bit addled, what a match that was!

Posted 11 years ago #
  12. parddu

If Jane is willing it would be nice to incorporate CSG in the name somehow

Rosemary

Posted 11 years ago #
  13. Mii Stitch

ooops, didn't mean to create all this!!!
    Just found it strange such a good forum does not let members show their work...
    For a name, how about CSG's Guilty Treats???

Posted 11 years ago #
  14. Janet Nicholl

How about

"Folk who Itch to Stitch"

I thought about Ladies who Itch to Stitch but we cannot exclude the few men who might like to join in........

Still think I need to have a quick chat with Jane though....??

Posted 11 years ago #
  15. parddu

or even "Itch to Stitchers"

Posted 11 years ago #
  16. Oh - I've just found my name in this lot - caught on the hop now and will need to think about names.

Maybe I should ask Joyce in our stitch group here in Crewe. Because our group all liked the bag I brought in on our first night (it was a square bottomed Asda cloth bag - bright green) - they all wanted one, so I bought a job lot for them.

We sat round the table on our second night saying 'we must have a name' and Joyce immediately dubbed us The Green Bag Ladies. We loved it - are we The Green Bag - Ladies, or The Green - Bag Ladies. She's a clever-clogs our Joyce.

Posted 11 years ago #
  17. This is not a suggestion but just related to Brenda's comment. My butcher does good strong bags, £1 each to Air Ambulance, and the logo is 'I am just an old green bag', they are very popular around here.

Posted 11 years ago #
  18. Monica - well done to your butcher for being so supportive to the Air Ambulance. Next time we have a weekend away will you bring one for me please and I'll give you the £1. We all have charities we favour and those we don't. Personally I will always give money to Air Ambulance and the Lifeboat service. They do a terrific job.

Also, let's face it, as stitchers - we all need our bags to keep stash in don't we!

Apparently, so I'm reliably informed by The Administrator, Jane has posted an entry on Facebook saying 'looking for a Guild weekend away hopefully on 2nd to 4th November' so I may see you there. Alternatively I intend being at Ally Pally this year so if you are too maybe we could sit and have a sandwich together and have a catch up on things and I could hand over my £1 that way.

Posted 11 years ago #
  19. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I'm keeping a watching brief for further details of Jane's stitching weekend in November...

Posted 11 years ago #
  20. Barbara Stone

Had a quick chat with Jane yesterday while booking my christmas stitching day, and from the hint she dropped, I'm really looking forward to the November weekend. Asked the BS if he fancied it, and his comment of "not if you're going to be with your stitching ladies" just showed that he has no idea of what we actually do. I could tell him, but, no way. I have too much fun without him at guild weekends. Brenda, I fully intend to be going to Ally Pally this year, so I'll stand you a coffee, if we meet there. Please keep us informed Christine.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.