The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

June linen class at Janes

(22 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by carly
  • Latest reply from Nicola Fisher

No tags yet.

1. carly

Hi All,
    Is there anybody out there who is going to the Linen Class at Jane's on the 22nd June? Going on my own and a little nervous as I won't know anybody. Also does anyone know of a decent caravan site nearby? Coming from Bedfordshire.

Carly

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Auntie Beryl

Hi Carly ,I have not been to a linen class , but if they are anything like the weekends , and I am sure they are , I can guarantee that within five minutes you will know everyone . My first weekend was in 2005 and I have only missed about three since ! Have a lovely day and remember me to everyone . Beryl

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Jean Strange

Hi Carly
    That is one my friends Fiona, Jenny and I aren't doing unfortunately. We are doing this Sat (18th May), 7th September and the Christmas day. We haven't booked for any weekends this year as we had already booked for this Sat when Swindon was on the web and the others are really a bit too far away for us.
    Don't worry about going on your own you will make friends straight away. In fact I met Fiona at one of these linen days, discovered she lived near and we have been friends ever since. We go to Jane's, meeting my friend from Bristol there. We also meet up often in fact Fiona has even persuaded me to join her local sewing group.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. carly

Thank you Beryl and Jean, that has made me feel a little better. Hopefully there will be some lovely people to stitch and natter with!

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Janet Nicholl

Hi Carly
    I am another "regular" at Pinks but it is my sister in law's surprise 70th birthday party on the 22nd which I can't skip unfortunately!
    You will enjoy the day, Jane and the other ladies always make newcomers welcome. We all sit round the large table in Jane's conservatory and best of all we get to "rummage" in the studio where all the lovely kits, fabric and threads are to hand. Jane always has everything neat and tidy before we arrive but we rarely leave it that way - OOps!
    A lovely social lunch with a glass of something, lots of chatter and Oh Yes - we do a bit of stitching on the lovely project Jane has lined up for us. If there is a stitch or process you are not sure about Jane is always there to help and often the other ladies will pass on tips.
    Enjoy the day and maybe we will meet at a Pinks day in the future.
    Janet

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Jean Strange

Hi Carly
    We stayed at a Caravan Club site in the area some years ago which was good. It was opposite the Cotswold Wild Life Park. We don't tour with our van anymore as we now have a 20 + foot van and it lives on a site in the New Forest and it is our 2nd home. I went to Yellow Pages on the web and typed in Caravan Parks Fairford and it gave a list of about 6 sites in the area one very near at Lechlade. I think we pass this on the way it looks like a small farm type site. There were also 2 Caravan Club sites listed within a reasonable distance. Hope this helps.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Tina Lamborn

Hi Carly,

I went to my first Saturday linen class at Pinks end of April, on my own. Stayed overnight at the local pub and met a super person on her own too who was going. We had dinner together washed down with a couple of glasses of wine and are now in regular contact. We are both coming to the June class, everyone is so friendly and no pressures or anything like that. Its great browsing (and spending!) in the shop area too. Look forward to meeting you. Tina

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. Tina Lamborn

Carly forgot to mention - when you go to the loo at Janes, be prepared to be there for a long time!!! Why??? You will just want to feast your eyes on all Jane's amazing work on the walls.

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. carly

Thank you Tina, I am getting so excited now. I look forward to meting you in a few weeks!

Thanks Jean, I will get hubby to have a look at these when he gets in tonight.

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. gill

Hi Carly. Don't worry about coming on your own, you'll be fine and have a great day. I've been to 2 of Jane's classes on my own, and stayed in the local pub. When I went in April, I met a lovely lady, in the pub, who was going too. We had a great evening, and are meeting up in June to attend that class. We have kept in touch ever since. Last year I went to the Bradford weekend, I'd never done it before. I was made to feel really welcome, and became friends with another lovely lady from Scotland, and we've kept in touch ever since. Looking forward to meeting you in June.

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. Jean Strange

Carly my husband says the Caravan Club site we stayed at was the one at Burford, but the Cirencester one is good too. Don't know anything about the others you might need to ring and ask about facilities etc.

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Carol

Hi there. I have just booked for the June day at Pinks and I last went around 15 years ago so feeling a bit nervous about it as everybody seems to know each other but looking forward to meeting people who so far are just names on the blog. So excited. I wanted to go to the Leeds weekend but the train fare was so expensive.

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. Jane N

Hi guys, hope all new people feel welcome when they come to any of Jane's events. I know it can be a bit daunting but don't worry. When you go to Jane's house, you're greeted with cups of tea or coffee and lots of noise (usually). This is because we're excitedly catching up with all the other people we haven't seen since the last get-together, and although that may seem a bit daunting when you're new, please don't be put off! You'll very quickly get gathered in and once we've all sat ourselves round the table, got everything sorted and Jane's shown us the project, things settle down :-) Sadly, mummy and I aren't booked into the 22nd June, but I'm sure we'll see you all at other events. Enjoy!

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. Pam D

Hi Carly, I will be at the June class so will look forward to meeting you there. Classes are great, chatting to everbody and you will quickly feel at home I am sure.

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. Pam D

Hi Carly, I will be at the June class so will look forward to meeting you there. Classes are great, chatting to everbody and you will quickly feel at home I am sure.

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. carly

Thank you to everybody for their wonderful words of encouragement, I was excited about coming but now even more so! Can't wait to meet fellow CSA's (cross stitch addicts).

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. Brigitte Gant

Unfortunately I cannot be at the June stitch day, but I am sure we can meet up in The Green Room in LB for a coffee some time, Carly.

Posted 10 years ago #
  18. carly

Brigitte that sounds like a great idea!

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. Brigitte Gant

I am sure Christine can get us our details sorted, so we can get in touch, Carly. I must warn you though, that I am old.

Posted 10 years ago #
  20. carly

Brigitte, that really does not matter!

Christine, could you give Brigitte my email address please?

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.