The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

A Smile

(27 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by brenda midgley
  • Latest reply from Helen Hawkins-Ainsley

No tags yet.

1. Ha! - came onto the Forum this morning to see what's new. Nothing. Had a smile on my face as I thought I knew why.......

There are ladies all over the place with their heads buried in the latest Itch to Stitch - need I say more! Contented sighs in all households......

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. I was thinking just the same - devoured mine last night

I am in love with the new wooden stand - Santa is going to have to make room for one of those on the sleigh. I'm already doing the bobbin needle roll as a present.

Collecting all the bits for my version of the Strawberry Sampler Book !!

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Hello Helen - I shall be interested to see your version of the Strawberry Sampler book when it's done.

So - okay - no-one else is joining us on the forum whilst they browse through Itch to Stitch,- that's all right by me - we can chat between us. How are 'the girls?' - did they lay extra big eggs in all the nice weather we had? and is Mick keeping the 'little' bike all nice and shiny bright.

No doubt everyone else will join in again when they lift their heads from their magazines and just think - there are men all over England also sighing contentedly thinking to themselves 'well, at least she'll be in a good mood now for a couple of days'.....Love Brenda

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

It's all right for you two - some of us haven't seen the latest copy yet!

I wonder how many versions of the Strawberry Sampler Book will make it to Leicester Bring-and-Brag?

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Brigitte Gant

I got my Itch to Stitch. When will Jane hit upon the jackpot and manage to include a bucket full of time with the mag? That would make my month. These days I get to Saturday and wonder where Monday through to Friday have gone.

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Jean Strange

Got my Itch to Stitch on Thursday. Thought we had no post as saw postie on opposite side of road which is normally end of this bit as they are the high numbers. He obviously thought he would fool us all and did things backwards that day!!

Booked coach trip to Ally Pally for Fiona and I we are going on Thursday this year. Anyone else going that day? Perhaps we could meet up for a coffee.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. SallyH

Hi Jean, yes my daughter and I will be there on the Thursday. She's meeting me at Waterloo and going the rest of the way together by tube. Look forward to seeing you there. I think there will be quite a group of us there that day.

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. Janet Nicholl

Elizabeth and I will also be there on Thursday, it is the only day I can make it as we have our Autumn Gathering for Bucks County Bee Keepers and High Wycombe are organising the day for around 150 guests. Luckily the raffle is my only responsibility but set up on Friday and the day on Saturday was an unfortunate clash! Elizabeth is off to her Uncle's at show close on Thursday and his birthday lunch on Sunday so I might sneak back on Sunday if I feel I need to and have the energy to.....
    So often I see notes that people are going to the show(s) on certain days and I never see hide nor hair of them - how about a quick meet up at say 2pm at the CSG stand?

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. SallyH

A good idea Janet.See you there

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. Barbara Stone

My Itch to Stitch arrived on Thursday,I put it on the table, and promptly lost it, as it got covered up with stuff I was sorting out from one of the cupboards!!! After a frantic hunt for it that night, I finally got to sit down with it and read it.
    Hope to get to Ally Pally on the Thursday, with my mother in tow, so might meet up with you lot at the CSG stand. However, and its a big however, as we hope to be moving in the not too distant future, I might be up to my eyeballs in packing cases and suchlike. I also hope to have got on a lot more with my strawberry sampler book - having finished the cover, I started the second page, and as I've had to unpick the whole thing at least once, I now seem to have come to a standstill. Don't know how I've managed to go so wrong on it, but I shall make another attempt at it this weekend.
    Hope to see you all at AP.

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. Brigitte Gant

I am going on Thursday, too, so see you all at 2 pm at the CSG stand. Jane is going to have a fit when she sees half the coach party gathering around her.
    I have no shopping list but I bet my rucksack is going to hide some stash again on the way home.

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. annew

In case you think you will have a peaceful Thursday I will add
    Monica, Pat and Me to the list. Be lovely to see you all at
    2.00 only please leave some goodies for us.
    Love to all. Anne W

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. Jean Strange

If Jane doesn't see this she is going to wonder what is going on when we all decend at 2pm on Thursday but should be fun!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. Oh - I'm going on Thursday too. Doing a workshop in the morning - can't remember the time - something about 10.45 ish I think - (A Beaded Braided Key Ring). so I will definitely be at the CSG stand for 2.00 - it will be wonderful to exchange a hug with so many of you. Thank you for the suggestion Jan

(If you are now all thinking oh b--- hell, we want to avoid her if we can; so have a secret re-arrangement to meet somewhere else at 1.00 p.m. - NONE of you will be on my C-word card list!) Hugs'n'stuff Brenda

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. Barbara Stone

Brenda, would we ever think that!! Look forward to seeing you on the Thursday.

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. Hi Brenda
    Think we got hijacked here
    I won't be at Ally Pally, so will miss the group hug

The girls don't like the heat & spend most of their time flopped around telling us so & not laying.
    Mick's toy is still shiney & clean - he keeps adding shiney bit & lights, then waits for me to spot them. It takes a while sometimes. I din't even notice the council had put a yellow line outside our house until it was pointed out !!

I had a worse disaster then Barbara with the mag. Opened it, put it down to go upstairs & get changed after work, came back down, picked up cup of tea Mick had made - no magazine!! Looked all round the kitchen & living room, then realised I'd left it where we normally put the junk mail for the recycle bin. I'd been tidied up!! Quick look in bin & magazine retrieved.

Then I had a stitching disaster on Friday. Thought I was doing really well with the Bobbin kit when a realised I'd done the grass for the needle roll just below the centre line instead of 10 stitches below - it's waiting for reverse stitching. At least that was all I'd done on it

Helen

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. Helen! - you having been having such a miserable time - nearly losing your magazine, having to do reverse stitching and on top of that the girls haven't been laying - so no eggy bread for breakfast. Can life become more intolerable!

As for Ally Pally - well, I do remember you saying you were too far away for that particular show so you'll just have to hope a repeat performance will occur if you get to Harrogate in November. If no other Guild members are around then you'll just have to knit yourself a jumper with extra long sleeves then you can tie them up round the back and give yourself a big hug. Word of advice though - just don't knit it in white as you may find some strange men with a van will come and cart you off thinking you are one of 'theirs'.........

And Barbara - yes, you would!

Posted 10 years ago #
  18. Janet Nicholl

Now I have read this thread - Brenda, see you on the Thursday at AP......
    Promise I will not mention the C word!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. Jean Strange

What did I start?

I only thought it would be nice for any members going to meet up as I have not seen a few people for a while and could have a quick catch up and chat.

Sounds like we could have a really big group hug and catch up. Do I take a camera and get someone to take a photo of all are motley crew? Look forward to seeing you all.

Posted 10 years ago #
  20. Helen, Sorry won't see you at Ally Pally but hope you will be at Leicester?? I will also be at Harrogate as will be staying with friends oop North - well Lincs actually. Don't know which day though as I go when they go.do like Harrogate, last year saw Frances Fletcher and the year before met the 'girls' from the north, Val and Kath I think.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.