The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

next years holiday!

(22 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Barbara Stone
  • Latest reply from Pam D

No tags yet.

1. Barbara Stone

Was chatting to Jane on Thursday re the fact that not all of us can afford £2000 to go on holiday next year, and she mentioned that she might be doing a short holiday around Christmas next year, with the beloved Malcolm at the wheel, to Germany for the Christmas markets. I know a few would be interested, but how many in fact would like to put their hands up for it?

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. annew

Hands and feet in the air (you try it all at once) from both of us
    Barbara. Would be an absolutely super trip.
    Anne and Pat xx

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Sounds more feasible than the other holidays next year!

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Depends where the pick ups are from, but it sounds good to me

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Me too Barbara and Pauline who came to France with us this year

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Ann S

I would love to go to the German Christmas markets so am interested, depending upon when in December (we always have a pre Christmas weekend away with our son and his boys and need to be free around the weekend nearest to the 21st and 22nd December as our daughter and also her daughter have birthdays on those dates. Cost would also be a factor. but put me on your list, Barbara, and let me know what/if anything transpires.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

I hasten to add to this discussion, before anybody gets the wrong idea about who is organising this trip that its not me!!!! I'm only asking on Jane's behalf, cos she didn't know if lots of people would be interested. But I am making a list so I can give it to her. Nice to know that lots of people are interested. And I don't think it would be really near to Christmas (i.e. not the weekend before), but we'll have to wait and see what Jane decides.
    Incidentally Anne, don't do yourself any damage putting your hands and your feet in the air at the same time!

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. Jean Strange

As others have said would be interested depending on time, pickup points and cost. I also have birthdays/events near Christmas but first half of December is usually O.K.

Lovely to see you last Thursday Barbara. Will try to send an e-mail over this weekend as found e-mail address and Christine remembered to forward it.

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. Brigitte Gant

When I told DH about the possibility of a Malcolm coach trip he said: 'You'd better put your name on the list, before the places run out.' Isn't he a treasure? So, here's my name on that list, Barbara. I know you say you are not organizing it all, but, boy, you are good at not doing it.

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. Barbara, do you wish you'd kept quiet?

I think when we see Jane at Leicester (3 weeks & counting) we can tell her that it looks like she's on to a winner - Christmas shopping & mulled wine !!

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. Barbara Stone

Believe me, I'm going to hand everything over to her when we see her at Leicester, together with a list of names of those who are interested, and then I'm going to sit back, waiting patiently until she wants money to reserve my seat! So the list is growing, but I shall add names to it as people let me know they want me to do so.

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. SallyH

Hi Barbara, have been away and only just seen about the holiday. I too am interested. It was lovely to see everyone at Ally Pally. See you all at Leicester. Not long now.

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. Fiona Dunbar

id be interested depending on dates, time and money !

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Only 20 sleeps to Leicester!

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. Tina Lamborn

I would be interested too, please put my name on the list, but like everyone else depends on when we would be going. Sounds like you had fun at AP, unfortunately I was away so could not make it, but looking forward to the start of Christmas at Jane's in December. I am staying over at the local pub, is anyone else?

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. Mick wants to know if he has permission to go as well?

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. Barbara Stone

Helen, its not up to me, but I shall bung his name on the list next to yours. Okay?? And I think we'd all like to see him again.

Posted 10 years ago #
  18. Thanks, Barbara
    He wasn't asking my permission, but if the rest of the ladies would allow him to go
    I don't get a say apparently

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. Sue Robinson

Definitely up for it!

Posted 10 years ago #
  20. Su Maddocks

Hi Barbara - like everyone else it would depend on date/cost etc but please put me on the list - cheers Su

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.