The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

2014 2014 2014!!!

(46 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Rachel H
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Rachel H

Hurrah! Some weekend dates!!!get the diaries out!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Yay!... what a lovely surprise to find some weekend dates on the horizon. Had just got in from a visit to the dentists chair - enjoyable (not)!

Only one filling but dangerously near to the root of the tooth and I was poised to hit the ceiling if a sensitive nerve was inadverently probed. Phew. I had my little music machine with me and ear things firmly clamped in place. Karl Jenkins 'The Armed Man' bellowed in my ears at God knows what decibels to block out the sound of the drill. The dentist had given up trying to talk to me by then. Let's face it with all the stuff they shove in your gob you can only answer them in an undecipherable language - 'Dentalese' - in any case.

Him - 'Looking forward to Christmas?' - Me - 'Ug',
    Him - 'Going away?' - Me - 'urk' - Him - 'We're spending a lot on stamps this year aren't we' - Me - 'ing' - Him - 'nearly done' - Me - 'iking gog'

Came home legs still wobbly, kettle on, computer on, - Events & Classes - YAYAYAYAY.............. my reward for being a brave soldier.......

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Brigitte Gant

Father Christmas is funding a very large chunk of the April w/e at the Swindon Hilton. I must have been a very good girl. Booked the Sunday night as well for once.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Oh lovely, Brigitte! Looking forward to seeing you there...

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Janet Nicholl

I have asked Jane to hold a place for me for the Swindon weekend. Haven't had a confirmation yet but hope she agrees to! Didn't want to leave it until mid Jan when we get back to the UK just in case the coach fills up!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hi Janet! It does look like a VERY interesting weekend, so I expect it would fill up quite quickly - well done for reserving a place beforehand :o)

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Ann S

Brigitte,

I've booked myself in for the Swindon weekend including the Sunday night, so we'll meet up again!! My daughter can't manage a whole weekend away but Jane has kindly agreed that she can come for the stitching day on the Sunday.

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. carly

Gutted, I won't be able to come to the Swindon weekend but hopefully I should be able to come to the Leeds stitch weekend. Going to ask Hubby very nicely and make all his favourite dinners from now until he says yes, then he will be on gruel!

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

You could try feeding him gruel until he says "Yes", with the promise of favourite dinners to come...

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. Barbara Stone

Our little gang booked for Swindon when we were at Janes weekend on the Saturday but while the others are staying for Sunday night, I don't think I can be justified in spending extra money, when I only live half an hour down the motorway. (Or slightly more depending on what speed I do!) Its going to be lots of fun, and I'm so pleased that all the regulars will be coming as well. It will be an interesting weekend, I know cos I've been regularly to the museum at Claverton Down and they always have a very good display, plus their cake shop is to die for.
    At last something good to look forward to next year.

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. Jean and I are booked in, also Pat and Anne of course. Really looking forward to it.

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Brigitte Gant

Just booked the Saturday Stitch at Pinks Barn on 3rd May. I dare not really get too excited. Keeping a low profile that my family's health will not fail. It was so nice to see a lot of you at Ally Pally. I do miss you.

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. Janet Nicholl

Hi Brigitte
    I don't see the 3rd May on the web site of events and there wasn't a flyer in Elizabeth's Itch to Stitch - please tell me what the project is and if there are any other dates. The classes fill so quickly that if it's one I would like to do I need to contact Jane before we come home.
    Thanks XX Janet

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hi Janet!

From the flyer - Linen Classes at Pinks Barn on...

Sunday 2nd March
    Saturday 29th March
    Saturday 3rd May

£70 each, payable in full on reservation.

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. Tinouche24

I didn't get a flyer in mine either

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. Janet Nicholl

Thanks Christine
    Jane sensibly doesn't include flyers in the overseas copies - I was reading Elizabeth's copy.
    Haven't got all my calendar dates for 2014 with me so it will have to wait until I get home - also need to count the pennies I have left! Will go to Swindon though provided Jane saves me a place.
    Weather here in Melbourne comfy today but forecast for 38 on Thursday! Christmas BBQ planned for next weekend at Elizabeth's eldest daughters before they go to in laws for Christmas. Hope it's not 38 then!

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. Tinouche24

I live in England and go to Jane's classes !!!!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  18. Brigitte Gant

Janet, Christine got the info out before I saw your request. Hope you get a place for that day.

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. Barbara am I not in your gang?
    I've booked for Swindon & Leicester
    Not sure about Leeds yet that will depend on the camping weekends & when we decide to take the bike to Norway
    I can aways gatecrash the Saturday though

Posted 10 years ago #
  20. Barbara Stone

Course you're in my gang Helen. We're the mad noisy ones at weekends aren't we? I meant the five of us, Helen, Ruth, Sue and Mary. Have a lovely Christmas won't you and look forward to seeing you sometime. Love to Mick, and look forward to seeing you at Swindon.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.