The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Friendship Squares

(26 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Su Maddocks
  • Latest reply from Christine Berrett

No tags yet.

1. Su Maddocks

Hi girls - hope you are all well and gearing up for the festive season. Just wanted to nudge those of you who have said, in passing, that you want to be involved with the squares, that you will still need to contact either Christine or myself with the details we have asked for. Many Thanks and Happy Christmas and a healthy and stitching-full New Year to you all. Su xx

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

Su, please put me down for one. I'll phone you with my details. Have a lovely Christmas won't you, and an happy and healthy New Year. Barbara

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Su Maddocks

Glad about that Barb 'cos I have a sneeky idea what you might have in mind for yours !!

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Brigitte Gant

It's the sort of thing I would like to be part of. I will get in touch and leave my details. What a brilliant idea.

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Janet Nicholl

Count me in - I will try and remember to mail you tomorrow to confirm, as requested. XXX Janet

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Su Maddocks

Hi girls

Just letting you know that the deadline has passed and the list is now closed. The instructions have now been sent out to all of you who signed up to work a square. All but three have been sent out by e mail and it would be a big help if you could just let me know you have received them safely.

Many thanks and happy stitching
    Su x

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

Got mine Su. Talk to you soon.

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. parddu

I got mine but am having trouble opening it as I haven't got office installed on this computer and the other one is buried under a pile of boxes in the new spare room!!
    Rosemary

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. Janet Nicholl

Mine received safely - haven't checked the rest of the 2500 odd mails waiting for me on my return ( did see them on my iPad but now they are all sitting on my main PC and need very active use of the delete button!!).
    Have got an idea in mind, things drifting around in my mind in the early morning hours as I try and persuade my body clock to reset!
    Hope to see some of you on Sunday week. Christine - will mail you, invite still open XXXX

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. Carol

On holiday at the moment hope to pick it up when I get home

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Janet, I can bring a hard copy with me at the weekend, if it would help?

C x

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Janet Nicholl

Thanks Christine but I have sorted my mails out today and have a copy of the instructions printed...... XX

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I always think that one of the downsides of a holiday is having to deal with all the mundane stuff when you get back :o(

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. Janet Nicholl

Like the weather ........ :-( :-(

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. Brigitte Gant

Got the instructions okay. Thank you for all the work that goes on behind the scenes. I have actually started stitching. Found just the right design in the third book I looked through.

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. carly

hi Su,
    I got my instructions. Design made and supplies ordered.
    Can't wait to start.

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. How are we all doing with these?
    Christine / Su, how many squares are you expecting to get?
    I can't wait to see the finished piece all together

Did you know that the Guild is about to "come of age"?
    On March 16th (I think it's the 16th) we will be 18 - it doesn't seem 2 minutes since Jane was setting up the Guild. I'm sure she will say the same!

Posted 10 years ago #
  18. Jean Strange

Well mine is finished except the folded hem. That will have to wait until we come back from Tenerife, going for a weeks break and hopefully some sun.

I agree about the Guild Helen I think we have discussed this before and the fact that we are both founder members our numbers being very close.

Perhaps we could have a drink to celebrate at Swindon if you are going.

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Helen, we've had over 60 people registering an interest in the squares - you were one of the first to send in your completed work.

Not that it's a competition. Or a race!

Posted 10 years ago #
  20. Brigitte Gant

Mine is finished and sitting on the box next to me waiting to be packaged and posted. Had so many babysitting trips and a few days away with DH for my birthday that I simply have not gotten round to it. Now, I wonder, if I am allowed to send it off after I get back from visiting my Mum. To show her the actual piece is so much nicer than showing her a picture on my laptop. It could go in the post on 24th March, so would be well in time for the closing date.
    I very nearly sent it off without doing the hem. The air was blue and multilingual swear words were flying about. The fabric was so lovely to stitch on, but when I trimmed the excess at the corners the threads just fanned out and it all seemed to disintegrate. What a pain. Nearly resorted to sticking it all down with UHU.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.