The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Jane's Journal

(40 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Barbara Tobin
  • Latest reply from Christine Berrett

No tags yet.

1. Barbara Tobin

Hello everyone

Just recently I have not been able to view the photos that Jane puts in her Journal. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

Barbara

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. 140559

No problem here. It certainly looked cold!

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

No problem for me either.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. parddu

It was fine here too.
    Rosemary

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Janet Nicholl

No photos initially but now both lots all showing.
    Looks like a fantastic trip. Looking forward to seeing the project.

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Rita Barron

Exactly the same for me Janet took a bit longer for second lot to appear but now all showing.
    I agree looking forward to seeing the project! Bet it was a fabulous holiday!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

I thought it was my computer playing up again, but I've got no photos either. Must be something to do with the name of Barbara!

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. Barbara Tobin

I still can't get them on my laptop but I can see them on my hudl. Lovely pictures.

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. annew

Hi ya Mrs Stone, It's only your fault if your middle name is Anne cos
    I can't get the pictures either. Mind, the American ones took a few days.
    xxx Anne W

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. carly

It's not just Barbara's and Anne's. I can't see the photos either! Gutted! stupid internet.... rubbish modern technology (descends into incoherent mumbling)..

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. Jean Strange

Couldn't see pictures either so consulted Oracle (husband whose job until recently was IT manager before he "retired"). Apparently there are problems with certain software and normal Internet Explorer. I had to log on to use Safari or Google Chrome but could then view the pictures with no problem. Hope this helps. I think these 2 programmes come as part of the Office set up as I have them on both the desk top and my laptop.

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Firstly I hope that those who went to Norway had a wonderful time & it wasn't too cold for you

Secondly the picture problem is down to Internet Explorer & Adobe Flash versions
    I don't see them on older computers, but do on newer ones

Looking forward to seeing the project you did

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. Jean Strange

Those are the programmes Jeff mentioned couldn't remember them Helen. Thing was I could view the pictures on my iPhone as the internet programme on that is Safari.

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

A quick bit of experimentation shows that I can see them in Chrome, but not in Internet Explorer.

Thanks Helen, and Jeff, for solving the mystery.

PS. What is peculiar is that it's only the Norway pictures that have this problem - earlier pictures on Jane's Journal are perfectly visible in Internet Explorer.

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. annew

Thanks Christine went into Chrome and lo and behold wonderful pictures.

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. Barbara Tobin

Thanks same for me went into Chrome and was able to view them on my laptop. Lovely pictures especially the hardanger ones.

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. Barbara Stone

Haven't had a chance to go into Chrome yet, but will get the much beloved to do it for me, when we have a chance to breathe when the panto is finished. Only 4 more performances to go thank goodness!!! Hope everybody who went to Norway enjoyed themselves.

Posted 10 years ago #
  18. I've now seen the pictures - they are stunning, but don't beat being there.
    I'm hoping to be in Norway (or Sweden) for midsummer.
    Expected the hotel to have more snow
    Don't have any pictures of the Northern Lights myself - Mick's very jealous of Jane getting that one
    What is Pat laying claim to on the boat? - it must be "hers", she's got hold of it!!!

I think Jane must have recently changed Internet browser from Google to Chrome, as I can see the pictures in one & not the other. Christine as you say all the older ones appear in google. Will stop being "geeky" now & find some material for the Friendship Square

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. parddu

I use Firefox and have had no problems.

Posted 10 years ago #
  20. Jean Strange

Glad Jeff's solution helped. He says it is a recent problem with Internet Explorer. Like you Christine I have been able to view pictures before except one occasion where I got half a picture on the desk top but the whole picture on the lap top!!! No one could come up with an answer to that one even Jane's experts!!

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.