Itch to Stitch No.99

(25 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Christine Berrett
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

...has just landed on my doormat!

Brilliant excuse to take and break and have a cup of coffee (what do you mean "you don't need an excuse")

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

My postman didn't leave me anything today. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Jean Strange

Mine didn't arrive either Barbara and it didn't help when I got a text from Fiona saying she had hers!! She only lives a few miles away. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that Christine's surname starts with a B and Fiona's a D but we are much further down the alphabet with S?

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I suspect it's just random - I've never been able to make sense of who gets it first, it's not always me by any means!

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Tinouche24

My surname is at the bottom end of the alphabet and I got mine today. Just about to sit and read it now - oh bliss.

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Jean Strange

No magazine here today either now getting cross as I really want to see all the instructions for the work box. I am going to Pinks on Sunday and if I like the box as much as I think I will I want to phone Jane and order a materials pack. Hopefully tomorrow now.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

Mine hasn't arrived either, so I'm now wondering if there's a conspiracy out there and people with surnames beginning with S are being targeted! It's not been a good day so far, first off the computer died and will take at least 10 days to repair, and then the postman didn't deliver my Itch to Stitch!!!! Grrrr I'm not a happy bunny the moment.

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. Jean Strange

Really cross now!!! Still no mag and when I discovered my daughter up in Stockton on Tees recieved hers on Monday was not amused in particular because her name is Stones. Perhaps it is people with initial S who live in the South.

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. theoldun

Mine arrived this morning.

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. theoldun

My name starts with the letter C, so maybe Jean could be right.

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. Fiona Dunbar

Chin up Jean. Ill bring mine for you to look at tonight.

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

Mine didn't arrive today either. I live in the south west, and my surname begins with the letter S, so I'm now convinced that I'm being targeted. Oh well, perhaps tomorrow will bring better news.

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. Pam D

Last issue it was Su in Devon who was last to get hers. She sounded as frustrated as Jean and Barbara are this time, so, perhaps it is a plot by the post office to hold up post for the South West and South East. One can imagine them there, in the mail sorting office, going who shall we annoy this month, lets go for the letter S this time. It will probably be D next time.! Chin up ladies, I am sure it will arrive soon.

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. Pam D

Last issue it was Su in Devon who was last to get hers. She sounded as frustrated as Jean and Barbara are this time, so, perhaps it is a plot by the post office to hold up post for the South West and South East. One can imagine them there, in the mail sorting office, going who shall we annoy this month, lets go for the letter S this time. It will probably be D next time.! Chin up ladies, I am sure it will arrive soon.

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. Pam D

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. Janet Nicholl

Sticky keys Pam - you been on the honey?? :-) :-)

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. Brigitte Gant

Got mine on Monday. Posty gave it to me just as I was locking up to go to Port Sunlight with DH for a little break. So for once I could open it and read it on the way to the motorway. The workbox looks fabulous.

Posted 10 years ago #
  18. Su Maddocks

Hi Pam - I got mine on the first day (surname M) but Rachel, who lives just a few doors up from me (surname D) didn't get hers so I give up trying to make any sense of it - certainly can't say Royal Mail has an issue with the South West any more !

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. Jean Strange

Mine STILL hasn't arrived!! Going to Jane's class on Sunday if it doesn't come tomorrow will be phoning saying put one aside for me!! Fiona brought hers to stitch club yesterday and I had a quick look but wanted to study instructions for work box before getting Jane to put aside a materials pack for me. Oh well fingers crossed for Friday now.

Posted 10 years ago #
  20. Barbara Stone

As it's presently chucking large hailstones down, and our postman only likes fine weather, I have this nasty feeling mine isn't going to come today either. Jean, could you have a word with Jane on my behalf too, unless a miracle occurs and mine slips through the letterbox before you go and see her on Sunday. Hope you have a nice time there. Thanks, from a very despondent Barbara.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.