The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Travelling to Swindon

(36 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by brenda midgley
  • Latest reply from 140559

No tags yet.

1. Hello All,

Just to let you know that Frances Green and I will be at Paddington Station at 12.00 noon on the Friday (upstairs having a cup of tea on the comfy sofas bit) and will then be catching the 1.00 p.m. to Swindon.

If anyone wishes to join us please do - it'll be lovely to meet up.

I'm sure we are in for a great weekend!! Love Brenda

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Will be driving to Swindon - looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Only 10 sleeps to go...

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Brigitte Gant

I shall be going by car as usual. I cannot make up my mind which way to go, as I really don't like the traffic on the A34. I am looking forward to the weekend so much.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Only 9 sleeps to go...

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. I'm driving down - think the travel directions say 3.5 hours from Leeds!!
    We'll see how long it really takes.
    Have to go back on Sunday - it's that four letter word on Monday
    Can't wait to catch up with you all

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Looking forward to seeing you all there

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Jean Strange

Hi everyone
    As Jeff has decided to join me as a non stitching guest he will be driving. We are only a short distance away should take us just over an hour. 3.5 hours from Leeds doesn't seem long but of course they don't include comfort breaks etc. do they?
    See you all a week on Friday.

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. Barbara Stone

I shall be driving up from Bristol - Junction 16 on the M4 isn't too far away from where I live, and hopefully arriving as early as possible. Unless there are holdups on the motorway, it should take me less than an hour, so looking forward to seeing you all there. Drive carefully.

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. Carol

I am about an hour away so what time do people start arriving? I would like to get there mid afternoon, would that be too early?

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

People generally start arriving mid-afternoon.

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. They normally say 'check in from 3.00 p.m.' but with people arriving at differing times - depending on traffic etc; if we get there early we sit in the foyer/reception area - it's no problem arriving that bit before time. They do sometimes have your room ready anyway and will give you your room card - always worth asking.

Last year we were sitting in the reception bit awaiting room cards and they brought tea and biccies out for us! My kinda hotel!!

Had an e-mail from Barbara Stone the other day. She wanted to know if I was taking my cozzie - and funnily enough it had crossed my mind to do that this time, but as I said to her I won't take the woollen one, they always drop so when wet..........

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Carol

I had a really nice stripey cossie my mother knitted for me when I was about 4. You are right they do "ease" a bit when wet. In fact I think I could probably still get into it, but that might be a reflection on my mother's knitting skills which were a bit suspect at the best of times. I recall one cardigan when either I had one arm considerably longer than the other or she got bored with knitting and finished one sleeve a bit early. In fact her creative gene was a bit defective all round, I still smile to myself about the golliwog she made me from blackout curtains!!!

Looking forward to meeting you all next week.

Carol

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. Barbara Stone

I'm sorry, but my imagination is now working overtime, on the thought of you two ladies in woollen stripey swimming costumes. Please turn up with them, I'm in sore need of a laugh or two at the moment. See you all on Friday - I am sooooo looking forward to it.

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. Rachel H

Hi! I shall be driving from Suffolk. Nora the New Navigator (my new sat nav!!) tells me it will take 2.45 hours on the M11, M25 and M4! On a Friday? Mmmm.... We'll see!! Aiming to get there about 4/430 ish.

Only 5 sleeps to go!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. Barbara Stone

Rachel, what are you driving? A Maserati? I can't imagine how fast you need to be going to get from Suffolk to Swindon. Especially on a Friday! Good luck, and see you at the hotel.

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. Brigitte Gant

I thought like Barbara, when I read your time to get from Suffolk to Swindon. I don't think the gadgets are aware of the real world. I have decided to go the 'awkward' way as, on a Friday, it might be the better way, but then again, it might not. Hohum, as long as I get there, I don't really care. I am so much looking forward to the weekend.

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. Jean Strange

Husband says route you describe Rachel should take about the time Nora says in an ideal situation with no traffic problems and no road works with slow speed limits!! Yeh right!! Nora won't take all that into consideration until you are on your way then all of a sudden she will be telling you it will take longer. At least you are planning to get to Swindon ahead of evening rush hour.

Look forward to seeing everyone on Friday after waving my daughter etc off on Wednesday will be ready for a nice restful weekend. Daughter and grandson have been unwell whilst here so have done lots of looking after children not the going out on visits etc which was planned.

Posted 10 years ago #
  18. Jane N

To all my CSG friends: hope you have a wonderful time at Swindon. I'm really disappointed that Mummy and I won't be joining you as originally planned but I'm currently waiting to go into hospital for surgery and driving is too uncomfortable :-( Please post up loads of photos for me, especially of a birthdaying Barbara!! All my love, Jane xxx

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Jane, you poor thing!

Will really miss seeing you both :o(

Posted 10 years ago #
  20. Hi Jane, sorry you won't be with us. Hope it's nothing too serious & that you're soon back up & around.

What's this about birthdaying Barbara's?

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.