The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Leeds - June 2014

(52 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Christine Berrett
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

You know it's not long 'til the Leeds weekend when you get the letter saying Bill's going to take the balance...

(24 sleeps to go)

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Rita Barron

The letter was waiting for me when I got home from work tonight!! I am soo excited!! Thank you for doing the maths - too tired to count the sleeps but I did wonder how many there were!! 24 doesn't seem like long at all!!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I make it three weeks on Friday - so not long at all :oD

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. I'm not staying for the weekend at Leeds 'cos I'm going to Norway at some unearthly hour on the Sunday.
    When Jane is over the jet lag I need to see how much Saturday I can spend with you (Mick says he'll sort all the last minute things at home.
    Helen

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Rita Barron

It will be lovely to see you Helen and catch up with your news!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Janet Nicholl

I'm sorry I will not be there but look forward to catching up with lots of people in Leicester later in the year :-)

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Rita Barron

I am sorry too that you won't be there Janet. Hopefully we can meet up next year as I can't make Leicester!

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. Hello Rita - I too cannot make it to Leeds, but seeing these messages brings to mind that we did meet up there last year. At that time you were looking at the Antique Flowers kit and we had a discussion concerning the hemstitch square in the middle of it. You said you'd like to do it but wondered about the square and I suggested you put to one side the project we were given for that weekend (think it was the Ackworth sampler because it was straight cross stitch) and start the Antique flowers because Jane was there and would no doubt be her usual helpful self; and you could always do the Ackworth project at your leisure.

Now, after all that waffle - did you do it? If you did, I have no doubt that you are chuffed with it.

Have a lovely time at Leeds this year anyway - I shall be thinking of you all.

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. martingale

I'm really looking forward to it as well, although I haven't got my letter yet (although Itch to Stitch arrived today which was almost as good!) I can't say I am looking forward to the drive - baby is sitting so high at the moment that it makes it a bit difficult to breathe when I don't sit reclined, but I am sure I'll manage. I can't wait to have a weekend of stitching without writing dissertations/running around after toddlers...

Nancy x

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Nancy - If I were you, I'd contact Jane about the non-arrival of your letter, as mine arrived a few days ago and I'm sure they would all have been sent out at the same time.

Looking forward to meeting up again!

Christine

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. Rachel H

As two thirds of the three Stitcheteers won't be there, we relying on you Nancy!!!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

"The Three Stitcheteers" - love it! :oD

Posted 9 years ago #
  13. martingale

All for one and one for all! :-)

Nancy x

Posted 9 years ago #
  14. Rita Barron

Sorry you won't be there Brenda will miss you!! Yes I did do the hem stitch square and finished the square completely when I got home! It was very good advice you gave me! I have to confess I haven't done the cross stitch as yet but I will!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  15. Brigitte Gant

I am really fed up about missing the Leeds one yet again. Would have gone to Germany on 8th for a week for my Mum's birthday, but got the news just before I was going to book the ferry that younger stepdaughter's wedding is on 7th near Truro. So now going to Germany on 22nd. Somehow driving to Leeds two days after schlepping back from Cornwall does not appeal.

Posted 9 years ago #
  16. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Now 16 sleeps to go (thought you'd all like to know!)

Posted 9 years ago #
  17. That makes it 17 until I go to Norway (Saturday doesn't count as we have to leave home at midnight to get to the docks at 2am for a 5am sailing

I'm definitely joining you all on Saturday - paid for it today

Helen

Posted 9 years ago #
  18. Rita Barron

OMG only 16 sleeps to go!! Really looking forward to it!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  19. martingale

It was lucky I phoned Jane this morning to ask about my letter as it appeared for some reason I hadn't been on the list to go. Fortunately it is all sorted out now - phew! So I just need to get my two end of semester assignments in and then it is stitching time woo hoo!

Posted 9 years ago #
  20. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Glad you got that sorted out! See you soon...

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.