The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Update on the CSG baby...

(22 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by martingale
  • Latest reply from Helen Hawkins-Ainsley

No tags yet.

1. martingale

I just wanted to give everyone an update on our progress.

At the 34 week scan it appeared as if the little madam was breach which would explain why I have been so jolly uncomfortable. We've since had another scan and several more hospital appointments and we have now confirmed that yes, she is definitely breach and it is her rather large head which is wedged up under my ribs which is making it difficult for me to sit or breathe!

So today we decided we weren't going to take the risk and we have chosen to go for an elective C-section. That decision was also based on the fact that she is rather large, measuring around 7lb 2 already with over three weeks to go until full term. So I should be going in to have her on or around 1st August.

I will, of course, let you know when she finally arrives!

Nancy xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you both!

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Brigitte Gant

Ditto Christine. At least you won't have to guess at the date now. Just look after yourself properly after the C-section. Have you thought of names yet?

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Carol

Thinking of you Nancy. Hope all goes well.

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. gill

Hi Nancy. I had a C-section with James. It was better, as I was well organised before we went in, and a lot less stressful. Also no labour pains. Good luck to you both. I'll be thinking of you. I hope all goes well. Xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Latest news (from Facebook), 17th July...

"Josephine Helen made a very early and unexpected arrival by emergency c-section this morning! She's 6 lb 8 and feeding well. And she's clearly in far less shock than I am about her very early appearance in the world!"

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Brigitte Gant

Wow, that was superquick! Congratulations on the safe arrival of little Josephine. May she have a long and happy life.

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. Brigitte Gant

First it would not go and then it went out twice. No idea how to cancel, so just wrote this drivel.

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. gill

Congratulations Nancy. Oh my. I hope you're feeling ok. Christine said Josephine was well. How lovely that she's here. I hope Ethan is happy now his new baby sister has arrived. Rest when you can and enjoy. Xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. Rachel H

A Stitcheteerlette!!! Congratulations to you all on the birth of Josephine Helen. Looking forward to meeting her!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. SallyH

Congratulations Nancy on the safe arrival of baby Josepine. Glad everything went well.

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

Ditto Nancy. Hope that her life will be filled with happiness and love.

Posted 9 years ago #
  13. So pleased to hear your news Nancy - are you really sure you want to come to Leicester now??? (or maybe you are planning to smuggle Josephine in as well??) - just imagine - her first Cross Stitch Guild weekend and no shortage of baby sitters....! Fondest love Brenda xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  14. Congratulations to the whole family, love the names. May Josephine Helen grow up to be the prettiest of girls and a fantastic stitcher!

Posted 9 years ago #
  15. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Leicester would be lovely with a little baby to play with and coo over!

Posted 9 years ago #
  16. Hi Nancy, Congratulations. Hope you're both OK & that you've got over the shock a bit now.

As for the rest of you, don't let Mick hear suggestions of a baby coming to the weekend or I won't get a peaceful weekend and none of you will get a look in with her - he's just daft about little ones

Posted 9 years ago #
  17. Rachel H

Why don't we all bring a baby?!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  18. The problem is that mine is about 5' 8", weighs far more than he should & always reckons he's behaving (badly of course).
    Had to put him on the naughty seat (didn't have a step) at the weekend!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  19. Barbara Stone

Why, what did he do? Or shouldn't we ask?

Posted 9 years ago #
  20. Rita Barron

Congratulations Nancy!! I have been on holiday with only very sporadic internet so am just catching up with all that has happened!! Got quite a surprise to read of Josephine' s early arrival but I am sure not as surprised as you!! Glad all went well and sending you all my love and best wishes! xxx

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.