1. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Back by popular demand.

71 sleeps to Leicester
    93 sleeps to Germany
    295 sleeps to Leeds 2015

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Thanks Mrs B
    Before that I'm going to Llandudno (bikes), Skegness (bikes), Worthing (family do) & somewhere near Windsor (grown up Scouts!)
    Oh & the local biker cafe for a race night
    So I need the rest of you to get my head back on the right way round when I get to Leicester

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Mrs Berrett - haven't you got anything better to do with your time?.......

Some of us in Crewe have been washing, gardening, bed making etc. etc.........

Oh - I confess - I did sit for some time watching a beautiful dragonfly through the kitchen window - big chap, always get them in the garden in August. Don't know why, we have no water here (apart from the bird bath).

I will also add Helen H-A obviously hasn't got anything else to do either. I turns on the Forum and the first three entries have got her name attached to them! Maybe Mick's out tonight and she hasn't got to stand around peeling spuds or something... OR!! - maybe they're doing what they did a few weeks ago and are beetling off to the seaside for fish and chips again!! (any room on the back of the bike for me??)

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Fiona Dunbar

To add to Christines post....

118 till Christmas ( better start wrapping presents already bought ! )
    28 days till Building work hopefully starts !! Yey !
    6 days till kids go back to school . Boo !
    1/2 days till I hopefully finished stitching latest project !

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Brenda I'm sure Christine is just as busy as me. I was having an I don't really want to be at work day (some of us still have to do that!). I'd rather be watching dragon flies - maybe next year as a large chunk of the garden seems to be becoming a pond. Have you forgotten I'm not allowed in somebody's kitchen (except when I sneak in on a Sunday morning)? As you're only little I'm sure we could fit you in the boot of the bike!!

Better do some of the boring stuff now before the bike arrives to whisk me off to the Welsh seaside this afternoon (aren't early Friday finishes wonderful?)

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Hello Helen - early Friday finishes - you know what they call them I'm sure - POET'S day. If you don't know, Mick may well do - and if neither of you do I'll tell you at Leicester!

I confess I had forgotten you're not allowed in the kitchen. If it were me I wouldn't even bother to try to sneak in on a Sunday morning - the kitchen and me do not have the sort of rapport that others enjoy!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Rachel H

okay.... post from north norfolk ...... 2 sleeps til we go home! That's as far as my maths goes! Nobody has said how many sleeps til Ally Pally!!
    are we meeting up on the thursday for a coffee or something which is the day the charabanc leaves from Suffolk! it does get there on thursday!

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. Janet Nicholl

Pam and I hope to be there Thursday. Late night is a good one as it gets so much less busy and if we leave at closing time by the time we walk to the car and get to the North Circular the traffic has calmed down! See you there, let me know where and when you plan to meet up.

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. Hello Rachel - Yup, you and me meeting for coffee as already agreed.....

Have been looking at train times this morning and have decided to catch the 08.23 from Crewe which gets me into Euston at 10.01 From there a quick underground journey and picking up the courtesy bus at Wood Green I reckon will then see me at Ally Pally for 10.40 (ish).

Once you have a rough idea what time your coach gets you there we can finalise on details.

If Janet and Pam are there that time of day it would be nice if we could all 'coffee' together; if not I don't reckon on seeing them myself as I don't stay until closing time. 7.00 p.m. is brilliant for those who it suits and I don't doubt for one minute that Janet is right about it being quieter; but I'm usually on the train home by then.

Anyway, we shall see - still plenty of time for 'fine detail' at the moment.

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. SallyH

All being well I will be at Ally Pally on the Thursday. Hope to catch up with you all there.

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. Oh Sally - that's brilliant - we'll keep in touch......

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. Rachel H

This is all shaping up nicely! The charabanc leaves Bury St Edmunds at 8 am (oh yes it does!!) and gets to AP at about 10-10.15, obviously depending on the traffic! It leaves at between 4.30 and 5 pm, depending on the day and what the passengers want. Some are ready to come home by 4.00-4.30 (usually I'm one of those; I'm either knackered or broke, or both!!!), others like to leave about 5 pm. We usually get back to BSE at about 7.00-7.30, again depending on traffic. A long day, but I'm worth it!!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  13. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Only 49 sleeps to Leicester!!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  14. Only 7 weeks to finish my bring & brag box
    I should get it done, but my weekends keep disappearing & working on sparkly fabric under artificial lights is not good!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  15. gill

Just booked Leicester with Jane. I can't wait. It's my early birthday present to me. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Love Gill. Xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  16. Looking forward to catching up with every one again

Posted 9 years ago #
  17. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Got the Leicester letter from Jane this morning.

38 sleeps to go!

Posted 9 years ago #
  18. gill

I still haven't got a letter yet. I booked late, so maybe Jane's forgotten. I'll have to ring her next week when she's back from Ally Pally. Only about 30 sleeps to go. So excited. Xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  19. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Gill, you must definitely get in touch with Jane next week if you haven't had your letter by then!

Exactly 30 sleeps to go...

Posted 9 years ago #
  20. gill

Thanks Christine I will. Xx

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.