The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Something cheerful

(22 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Jane N
  • Latest reply from brenda midgley

No tags yet.

1. Jane N

In response to Brenda's plea (see Nature post), my 'cheerful' bit has some good stuff in it, even if it's all about me (again!). I've finally got to my final chemo dose (next Wed) so once through the grotty bit one more time, it's onwards and upwards without being knocked back with any more poison - hurrah! Hopefully, this last dose will go more smoothly than dose 5, which decided to bite back just to wind me up! Being sick for the first time was bad enough but I could really have done without the local hospital giving me an infection in the vein, which meant I had to take mega-antibiotics for a week :-( However, it all worked and it's now in the past so forward we go :-) I'm really looking forward to getting back in the game, with shows on the horizon, friends to catch up with and the German holiday all to come - brilliant! Love to everyone and Brenda, that's the best I can do ;-) Xxxx

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Jane!! - how lovely to hear from you! Funnily enough you have been on my mind for this last fortnight or so, as I had remembered from somewhere previous you'd mentioned that September was the last chemo session and I have been wondering just when in September it might be.

Once you are past the grotty bit it really is all onwards and upwards for you and I'm sure I'm not the only one sending lots of love and good wishes your way.

I'm pleased you have things in front of you to look forward to - it's always a good 'plan' for everyone to have litle treats on the horizon, helps balance out the bumps in life that we all come up against from time to time (except for you of course -as your life bump was quite a big bigger than you bargained for!).

Hope amongst your treats is the Leicester weekend. I'm going and it would be great to see you there. I'll be thinking of you next Wednesday, big hugs in the meantime. Brenda xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Hi Jane
    Good to hear form you again. Glad to hear the treatment is nearly done, I really hope it hasn't been too rough on you. Take it easy on yourself though.

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Rita Barron

Oh Jane so very glad to hear you are nearly there!! Glad you are feeling a bit better and next Wednesday your treatment will be finished! Yippee!!! Lots of nice things to look forward to once that is over!
    I can't make Leicester but I have booked for Leeds next year! Hopefully we can catch up again then!! Take care of yourself and thinking of you!! xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Rachel H

Jane: Well done you! I remember the last chemo was a real hurdle and it really was onward and upward from then!! Mind you, after that I had 5 weeks of radiotherapy and one year of Herceptin but they were a walk in the park compared to the chemo! So glad you are coping well and look forward to seeing you very soon. Keep on trucking! Or should it be stitching!! Much love from Suffolk xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Jane N

HALLELUJAH!!! I'm through the grotty bit of my final chemo and am now out the other side. The only remaining issue is one of mobility: the numbness in my feet and toes makes standing for any length of time rather painful, so gaining any sort of stamina is a bit of a slow process but I'll get there :-) I'm still not quite up to cross-stitch stitching but the tapestry's a good substite for the mo.
    HUGE thanks to everyone for all their love, thoughts and best wishes! It has really helped and I'm looking forward to giving loads of 'thank you' hugs in person really soon, all my love, J xxxxxx
    PS: for those of us old enough to remember: "Good night, and I love you all!" xxxxx

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Jane, wonderful news and now you must concentrate on getting yourself fit again - slow and steady is probably the key. Sending lots of virtual hugs and real good wishes your way, and hoping to see you before toooooo long!

Love and hugs xxx

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. Barbara Stone

Jane, I'm so glad you've come through the other side and you are feeling a bit better. Lots of love and hugs to you, and looking forward to seeing you on the coach!

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. How nice Jane to hear you are now on the up and back to normal life - lovely to have such news.

The down side to your input on the forum? - sadly I am old enough to remember Goodnight and I love you all! The gorgeous buxom lady at the end of Morecambe & Wise!!

Hugs'n'stuff. Brenda xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. SallyH

So pleased that all as gone well for you Jane and that now you are on the up

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. gill

Hi Jane. That's fantastic news. Well done you. I'm so pleased to hear you're on the mend. Christine's right slow and steady is definitely the key. Take care. Love Gill. Xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. Hello Jane, so pleased all is well and you are out the other side. I will be at Leicester but not doing the German trip as I have a brand new puppy, a Westie called Maisie, and feel a week is too long to leave her. If you don't do Leicester I will look forward to seeing you sometime next year.
    Love and hugs, Monica xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  13. Rita Barron

HI Jane! So glad your treatment has finished and now you can begin to get your life back!
    Sadly yes I am old enough to remember goodnight and I love you all!! Haven't been reminded of it for a long time! Brought a smile to my face!!
    Take care!! Rita xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  14. Hi Jane, so glad the treatments all done. Looking forward to catching up in the near future.

Posted 9 years ago #
  15. More good news.
    When some of us meet up agin at Leicester you might have a pleasant shock
    I seem to have fluffy stuff on the top of my head !!

I now have my own bottle of baby shampoo & Mick threatened to buy me a baby comb!

Posted 9 years ago #
  16. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Ooh, Helen, we won't recognise you!!! ;o)

Posted 9 years ago #
  17. annew

Hello Helen, That is wonderful news. It must have been all that Northern air that
    did it. See you at Leicester. xxx

Posted 9 years ago #
  18. Rita Barron

Hi Helen! That is good news! Hope to see you in Leeds next year!! xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  19. Hi Rita
    I've booked for Leeds & i'm staying all weekend this time

Posted 9 years ago #
  20. With or without - you are our Helen. Loved. End of.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.