The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

N E W B U R Y

(71 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Rachel H
  • Latest reply from Brigitte Gant

No tags yet.

1. Rachel H

Just to say, now in February so that means NEXT month is Newbury!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

52 sleeps to go

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Jean Strange

Great countdown begun. Shall need a break by then! Grandson number 2 was expected on Feb 27th but due to health concerns is being induced this weekend. We are going north to Stockton on Tees on Friday planning to stay a week. Our job will be to entertain 2 year old grandson!!! Newbury weekend daughter is planning to come down to us with the 2 boys before picking step daughter up mid week as she is going to them for Easter! Newbury will be the "calm" bit in the middle!

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Brigitte Gant

They will be busy days till then, as going away for a pre-birthday hotel treat, then Olympia, and a drive over to Germany to see my Mum. Somewhere before the month is over grandchild No. 10 will make his/her appearance. No wonder I am going grey fast.

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Ginny McCoy

I'm so looking forward to it, but will be "Billy No Mates" again, as coming on my own!

Mum has bought me a lovely new craft case on wheels, so it'll have its first outing at Newbury. It nearly killed me walking everything down a very long corridor at Leicester in November, but this time I can pull up the handle! Probably shouldn't take so much luggage and stuff - my husband Les said it looked like I was going for a week, not 2 nights ...

Brigitte and Jean, I do hope all goes well with the new babies.

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

44 sleeps to go...

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Jean Strange

New baby arrived on Friday 6th February. Connor Jack weighed in at 7lbs 7oz. Not bad for 3 weeks early! Seems very tiny compared with no.1 as he weighed in at 8lbs 12oz!! Have been staying in a lovely hotel up here in County Durham since last Friday home tomorrow for a rest. Our job has been entertaining and chasing the 2 year old around!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. Rachel H

Congratulations Grannies!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. Brigitte Gant

Congratulations, Jean, on the safe arrival of grandson Connor. We are still waiting. Bet 'it' will turn up while we are away.

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

28 sleeps to go - only 4 weeks!!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. Barbara Stone

You realise its getting closer when you get the letter from Jane telling you that Bill is going to raid your bank account next week. Really looking forward to it.

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. Rachel H

You realise its getting even closer when Bill phones to say your card has expired and can he have a new one please!!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  13. Barbara Stone

Oh good, that happened to somebody else as well as me. Getting excited now.

Posted 9 years ago #
  14. Auntie Beryl

Me too ! Poor Bill , we must be a sad trial to him . How does he cope with us all.? I think he deserves a medal!

Posted 9 years ago #
  15. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Just thought I'd nip in to say 23 sleeps to go....

Posted 9 years ago #
  16. Rachel H

23 - a prime number!

Is that relevant to anything?

Possibly, or probably not!

Just to show I can do sums.....

Posted 9 years ago #
  17. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Lol - it just proves you know a prime number when you see one!

Which is Maths, not just Sums :oD

Posted 9 years ago #
  18. Carol

Half of me thinks its maths, half of me thinks its sums and half of me doesn't know. The half that can't do maths or sums that is!

Posted 9 years ago #
  19. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

If you can have two tiaras, Carol, I don't see why you can't have three halves!

Anyhoo - Sums is Arithmetic, and there is a heck of a lot more to Maths than just Arithmetic....

Posted 9 years ago #
  20. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

PS. And Prime Numbers are Number Theory

(Very educational, this forum)

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.