The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

LEICESTER

(105 posts)
  • Started 8 years ago by Carol
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Carol

As the nights are beginning to draw in my thought are drifting towards November and that means Leicester. I do hope the usual suspects are going, minus our aussie friend unfortunately, but she will be starting a big adventure by then. I hope all goes well for her and her family. For those of us left behind we will just have to make it a super weekend. (I MAY BRING MY TIARA,)

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Yo Carol! Of course you MUST bring your tiara!!

81 sleeps to go.......

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Jean Strange

Leicester just too far really did do it once but return journey on the Monday not good. Did think we would be going up to Stockton on 19th for grandsons birthday. But they will be here living with us then. Moving back south staying with us until things sorted out. Judith starts job down here on October 6th.

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. SallyH

I will be there. It's a long and awkward journey but it's a chance to meet up with everyone again. I get withdrawal symptoms if I don't go once in a while.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

75 S2G (sleeps to go)

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. Auntie Beryl

Hi! Sally , Are you travelling by train ? If so , perhaps we could meet at the station and share a taxi .I usually meet Brenda and Frances too. Look forward to seeing you all again .

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. SallyH

Hi Beryl. Yes I will be travelling by train so will let you know when I book what train I will be on. Am looking forward to seeing you all again it seems ages since we all met up. See you then.

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. SallyH

Posted 8 years ago #
  9. Carol

I've bought my ticket already. Should be there around 1pm

Posted 8 years ago #
  10. I'll be there
    No idea what time - it all depends on the M1 & its' delightful roadworks

Posted 8 years ago #
  11. Rachel H

Oh oh oh!! I will be there with the usual ra ra skirt and boob tube, in strong competition with 2 Tiara Carol. I'll stay the Sunday night as I don't fancy driving home in the dark!! I know Brenda is going too!! Looking forward to it already!!

Posted 8 years ago #
  12. Rachel H

PS: I will bring photos, phone video etc of THE wedding of the year which is on Saturday weeki!! For those that Facebook, I am sure there will be some on there too!!

Posted 8 years ago #
  13. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

So that's 64 sleeps to go, folks!

Posted 8 years ago #
  14. SallyH

Hi Beryl, just to let you know that I've booked my train ticket. I will get the 1.15pm train arriving in Leicester at 2.24pm. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone.

Posted 8 years ago #
  15. Hello Beryl and Sally,

I'm all booked up now for Leicester, although not staying the Sunday night this time. I have yet to get in touch with Frances (she doesn't have a computer) but we usually catch a train and arrive at Leicester round about the same time as you, so no doubt that will happen this time too. (Poor ol' taxi driver is all I can say....)!! Love, Brenda

Posted 8 years ago #
  16. SallyH

Hello Brenda, I shall probably be on the same train as you as usual. I've a seat booked in carriage C.it will be good to catch up again. I will be staying the Sunday night as it is such a long journey. Are you going to Ally Pally this year? I'm going on the Thursday with my daughter. Might catch up with you if you're there. Love Sally

Posted 8 years ago #
  17. Hello Sally love, I can well understand you staying Sunday night - as you say a long way to Weymouth!

As regards Ally Pally - I'm not sure yet what I'm doing there. I have something going on at home which involves my presence needed in Crewe on the Thursday (typical - smack bang in the middle of AP!), so where I usually have a two day ticket I now don't know whether to go Wednesday and Friday, Friday only or Friday and Saturday - or - not at all! So my decision so far is that I won't pre-buy a ticket and will just decide on a morning whether to jump on a train that day and get a ticket when I arrive there. To be honest they say pre-book a ticket to save money but by the time you've added on another £1.50 booking fee you only save about 50p anyway.

Rachel has asked the same question of me too - and it only seems like 5 minutes since we met up with you and your daughter then!! Don't know where the time has gone.....

Anyway, despite what may or may not happen I shall see you at Leicester. You can tell me then too how your Handicraft thing went on at Weymouth earlier in the year - I was interested to read about that. Love Brenda

Posted 8 years ago #
  18. SallyH

Sorry I may not see you at AP but look forward to catching up at Leicester. Lots to talk about.

Posted 8 years ago #
  19. Rachel H

Hi Everyone: Just a brief note about Nancy and Ben's wedding! Well, it was of course wonderful! She looked fabulous (those that do FB will have seen the photos!). It was a great day and the 40 children at the wedding all behaved perfectly!! I spent a lot of time with her mum and dad who were so proud! Some of you may have met Liz at one of the cross stitch weekends - Leicester last year I think! We were SO lucky with the weather and the setting was idyllic! I will bring photos on my Ipad with me to Leicester. Nancy and I are hoping to arrange a Skype at Leicester too! She is now honeymooning in Florence while Mum and Dad look after the children (who are adorable!!)

Posted 8 years ago #
  20. Rachel H

Sally: I may see you at Ally Pally on the Thursday; things a bit difficult here with Bill having a pinched nerve, waiting for an MRI scan and also with a chronic bowel problem due to the strong painkillers he was given. Enough said! I'll keep you posted!

Brenda: Thanks for your email chuck, will be in touch soon!!

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.