The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Latest Itch to Stitch

(23 posts)
  • Started 8 years ago by SallyH
  • Latest reply from Monica Langstaff

No tags yet.

1. SallyH

I keep hearing that the new Itch to Stitch has arrived. I've not yet received mine. Is there anyone else that hasn't yet got theirs?

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I got mine a couple of days ago, but I know that there are others who have not received theirs yet either. I suggest giving it a day or two yet (Christmas Post and all that).

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Rita Barron

Hi Sally!
    Mine just arrived today and like you I was getting concerned as some people have had theirs for several days. I would give it another few days and then give Jane a phone. I suppose the post is a bit slower at this time of year.

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. SallyH

Thanks. Yes. I Know it is usually bad at this time of year especially down here.I hadn't even thought about it until I had letters from friends remarking on the contents of theirs.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. Jean Strange

Well here my Itch to Stitch arrived a couple of days ago but my daughters hasn't arrived yet. Considering she lives with us at present this does seem a bit odd. Will give Jane a ring later as hope it isn't like the last time this happened where Post Office hadn't dealt with a sack of mail that Jane had paid for. A lot of us got cards from Post Office to pay £2.10 to collect mail with "not enough postage" that was our magazines. Jane and Bill were not impressed!! I gather words were had!!

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. SallyH

Still no show. I think I'll give Jane a ring as I'm not alone.

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. Andrea Thompson

Hiya. Mine hasn't arrived yet either. Not to worry though, I'm sure it'll turn up soon.
    Years back I had an itch to stitch arrive a whole year late! Of course I had already contacted Jane long before that and got a replacement.
    The post can be strange at times.:-)

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. Jean Strange

My daughters magazine still hasn't come will be contacting Jane later!

Posted 8 years ago #
  9. Jean Strange

Fiona here for coffee her magazine arrived last week as well!

Posted 8 years ago #
  10. SallyH

Mine still not here. Contacted Jane and there will be one posted tomorrow for the four that she knows hasn't received theirs.

Posted 8 years ago #
  11. Oh, isn't this such a nuisance - for both the sender (Jane) and the receivers (or non receivers I should say).

I was interested to see though a day ago that Andrea hadn't had hers either. Living in Crewe we lost our postal sorting office a year or so ago to be merged with the office at Warrington. I received my magazine last week - coming via Warrington so you would think that Andrea, living nearby, would have had hers as well. Definitely something dodgy going on here.... a nuisance that Jane could well do without at this time of the year and so disappointing for the rest of you.

Posted 8 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

My copy arrived on Monday, but in the past I've had lots of problems with delivery. My postman obviously knows who I receive deliveries from, and as he handed it to me, he said "There you go, something for you to read during today, and you can start stitching a project tomorrow." Do you think he's a closet stitcher, otherwise how would he know that CSG (which is on the back), stands for Cross Stitch Guild. I don't think there's anybody else in the village who stitches, so I'm now intrigued!

Posted 8 years ago #
  13. Well Barbara you'll have to kidnap the postie & question him on his stitching habits
    I hate to upset you all, but I think it was Thursday last week when I got my magazine.
    Andrea your little Christmas tree looks lovely

Posted 8 years ago #
  14. Ooh this sounds intriguing - a postie wot stitches. Now it begs the quesion - if there's more than one of them, maybe it's them who's nicked a bag of magazines and whilst you are all sitting at home waiting for your mags. to arive, here could be posties all over the country sitting stiching Andrea's little Christmas tree!!

Had to laugh at 6.00 p.m. News last night (or was it the night before??) - anyway, they were reporting that because of the mild weather postmen are out doing their deliveries in shorts. All I can say is the BBC must have only just woken up on this issue as our postmen never seem to wear long trousers. We sometimes have them coming up the road wearing their red mackinoshes with hoods up because its raining, but look southwards and their legs are bare!! (well, from the knees down anyway...). Must be part of their Job Description - Monica has told me in the past that her postmen in Kent are just the same.

Posted 8 years ago #
  15. Jean Strange

Our posties are the same or most of them! A few years ago one had a bet that he would wear shorts until Christmas since then they all seem to do it! Daughter received 2 mags this morning both franked 17.12.15!! Think a bag must have been overlooked then found!! Have let Jane know.

Posted 8 years ago #
  16. Andrea Thompson

Mine arrived yesterday, but it might be the one Jane resent after I mentioned I hadn't received it.
    Thanks for you comments about the Christmas tree. Glad you like it!

Posted 8 years ago #
  17. My step daughter-in-law is a postie - mainly on vans but chips in anywhere she is needed. She is also a stitcher!!

Posted 8 years ago #
  18. Oh that's interesting Monica - does she wear shorts as well then? Probably got nicer legs than the men posties....... Maybe as a lady postie she wears her shorts even shorter to show off her nice legs, whilst the mens stop at the knees - well, I think they stop at the knees - they could go higher of course, but no lady would look any higher than mens knees you never know what you might see.........

Posted 8 years ago #
  19. Yes, Kate wears shorts just above the knee but not in the winter, cargo trousers at the moment. She is about 5ft 4ins and size 8, how sickening is that! At this time of year she struggles with the sacks of mail but men do rush to help her load them into her van. Last week she had to park on double yellow lines to get to the sub PO and some old bat - pardon me - lady told her off for doing so. What else can she do. And the old dear would want her letters/cards collected. Kate is timed for collections, she gets about two minutes from one PO to the next which can be some distance away. Who would work for the PO!

Posted 8 years ago #
  20. SallyH

Two 'Itch to Stitch ' arrived today both with the same post date on ,17th Dec. I think one must have got held up at the post depot! Very strange.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.