The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Sheffield

(30 posts)
  • Started 8 years ago by Helen Hawkins-Ainsley
  • Latest reply from Rita Barron

No tags yet.

1. Thanks all for the numbers
    Maybe lots of little cakes then to go with the afternoon tea?

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Your birthday, m'dear - your call. I don't suppose you'll be having to take any home, regardless of what you bring!

3 sleeps......

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. Rita Barron

I will easy help you Helen no problem!!

Can't believe it's only 3 sleeps!! Yay!!

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. Thanks to everyone for yet another wonderful weekend
    Hope you all got home safe & look forward to seeing you again soon

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. Rita Barron

It was an ace weekend as ever! Thank you everyone for your company and friendship!
    I eventually got home just after eight after being held up just outside Aberdeen - so close to home but so far away!! Hope to see you all again next year!

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. Has anyone who opted for the band fabric for the sampler finished yet?
    Looks like mine will have to be personalised as I think I'm going to run out of fabric before I get to the bottom of it :(

Posted 7 years ago #
  7. Rita Barron

Hi Helen! Yes I finished mine this week and posted a picture on Facebook. I did mine on the linen supplied in the kit and had enough to complete. Can't understand why you are short as I assumed it would be the same length of fabric?? A bit annoying but easy enough to 'chop' a bit off the pattern. xx

Posted 7 years ago #
  8. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I've finished mine and had enough fabric, altho' I did go "off piste" somewhat towards the end (so what's new?)

However, like Rita I used the linen as supplied rather than the band.

Posted 7 years ago #
  9. Sorry not to reply sooner. We went away with the new bike.

I've definitely come up short - the band fabric could have done to be about 6" longer, but never mind I just left out the bits I didn't want to do & no one else will know any different

Rita do you ever come south for any of the shows or just for the CSG weekend?

Posted 7 years ago #
  10. Rita Barron

That's a shame you are short Helen but as you rightly say no one will know any different! Like Christine (she led me astray your honour!!) I went off a bit from the chart in places and used different thread in places too! It's good fun this pleasing yourself I'm getting more comfortable with it the more I do it!!
    As to the shows I have never ever been to one! I usually try to go to the June CSG weekend if work commitments allow. That four letter word 'work' is the reason as I can't get time off in term and the shows are always in term time! Together with the distance and travel costs makes it impossible for me. However, I will not be working forever! There must be advantages in aging and I think attending shows and more CSG weekends must be some!!

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.