The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Leicester

(30 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by Rachel H
  • Latest reply from Jean Strange

No tags yet.

1. Rachel H

Always exciting when Jane's letter arrives (today!!) saying that Bill is going to take the money out soon for Leicester weekend!! Soon we'll be counting down the sleeps.....

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

31 sleeps to go

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. Carol

So excited. Can't wsit. However, as it isn't my birthday weekend anymore I shall not be wearing my tiara this year!

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Shame!

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. Auntie Beryl

Will any one be arriving at Leicester station about 3-pm on Friday.
    My train is due in at 14-53 . We could share a taxi . My next train arrives at 15-23.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone again .

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. Carol

Sorry Beryl my train arrives an hour earlier at 13.50 provided there are no delays. Can you come a little earlier?

Posted 7 years ago #
  7. Auntie Beryl

Hi! Carol , I could leave earlier ,I will check the time-table again . However my local trains are only every half-hour ,so it maybe a bit early for me , I will let you know ,

Posted 7 years ago #
  8. Carol

Fine last year we got diverted via Derby. Definitely not a short cut so it took about 30 minutes longer. My train is from Birmingham and I would be quite happy to wait 20 minutes or so but an hour is a bit too long

Posted 7 years ago #
  9. SallyH

Hi Beryl. Yes. My daughter and I will be arriving at approx. 3pm. Can we meet up as usual. Sally

Posted 7 years ago #
  10. Hello Beryl and Sally - Haven't heard from Frances yet so I don't know what train she's intending to travel on ..... will contact you when I know more. Love Brenda

Posted 7 years ago #
  11. Auntie Beryl

Hi! Carol, At the moment I am staying with my original plan . My son has decided to come up from Somerset to see my grandson that weekend . { grandson is at M/C uni ) That is fine by me , but of course no details as yet !! At least the house will not be left empty while I am away !
    See you soon . Beryl

Posted 7 years ago #
  12. Carol

Fine Beryl. Look forward to seeing you

Posted 7 years ago #
  13. Rachel H

Heavens to Murgatroyd!! 5 sleeps to go!! I aim to arrive about 3.30 or so and lounge around in the foyer as usual!! Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Posted 7 years ago #
  14. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

There's going to be enough of us to completely take over the foyer!

Posted 7 years ago #
  15. Rachel H

That'll be fine, then!! I'm sorry Carol is not wearing her tiara, as I took mine out of the bank specially!

Posted 7 years ago #
  16. Laughed when I saw this about Carol's tiara. Do you know, I passed an antique type shop in Bridgnorth a couple of weekends ago (where we go for the Severn Valley Railway) and right in front of the display was a Tiara!! No price ticket on it and the shop was shut, being about 7.30 p.m. It immediately though made me think of Carol and I had a little smile to myself at all the silliness we indulge in with thee daft things........(acknowledging of course Carol that your tiara is probably worth thousands....... buttons that is!)

Posted 7 years ago #
  17. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Wot I say is that we are all very much looking forward to seeing Rachel's tiara (wot she took out of the bank specially)......

Posted 7 years ago #
  18. Carol

I am glad I decided not to bring my tiara now Rachel is bringing hers. whilst mine is special being given to my by Jane herself (quick curtsey), it would look a little tawdry against a tiara that required depositing in a bank!

Posted 7 years ago #
  19. No,no Carol, you've got the wrong idea about Rachel's tiara - she only puts it in the bank so no-one can see it, 'cos it's paste. It only comes out on the occasions when everyone has had a glass or two of the collapsing stuff because by then their eyesight has gone a bit iffy and they can't see the difference of paste from real...... You've gotta hand it to her, she thinks these things through......

Posted 7 years ago #
  20. Carol

There is a bit of a rumour that, like the rara skirt, the tiara does not actually exist. SHOCK, HORROR

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.