The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Swindon 2020

(33 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Christine Berrett
  • Latest reply from Helen Hawkins-Ainsley

No tags yet.

1. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Greetings good people! I have been asked to tell you that it is 60 sleeps to go to Swindon 2020...

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

50 sleeps to go

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. JeannieQ

No-one seems interested Christine, but I'm looking forward to it. Keep counting!

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. Knew it wasn't long when I got the bill
    See you all soon

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. Rita Barron

Have a lovely time in Swindon!
    Hope to see you all in Leeds!

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

40 sleeps to go

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

Looking forward to it. See you all there.

Posted 4 years ago #
  8. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Sadly, but understandably, Swindon has been cancelled

Posted 4 years ago #
  9. JeannieQ

We'll just have to stay at home and stitch, though I will miss the company. Better check and make sure I have enough kits and supplies to keep me going for the next 3 months. Just think of all the stitching we can do, there has got to be a bright side to all this tragedy. Hope you all keep safe and well until we meet again.

Posted 4 years ago #
  10. Barbara Stone

How about we all decide that we will spend the two days of what would have been the Swindon weekend, stitching. If we can get our meals prepared for us, that would be nice. I'm obviously upset that the weekend has been cancelled, but I know that we are doing the right thing. So hope everybody stays safe, healthy and hopefully, we'll all be able to meet up either in June, or at Leicester in November.

Posted 4 years ago #
  11. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

My understanding is that Leeds has also been cancelled, so let's look forward to Leicester...

Posted 4 years ago #
  12. Hi Barabara
    It's going to be Leicester before we can meet up again
    Having a home stitching weekend is a good idea
    We are in the process of having a conservatory extension put up at the back of the house & Mick keeps telling everyone it is a sewing room for me. So once it's finished & decorated I can sit in the sun & watch the garden as I stitch
    Helen

Posted 4 years ago #
  13. Have finally got round to logging myself back in to the Guild's forum....hooray I can hear you all shouting........ actually though I can't stop now as I've squeezed so much into my day today that I now only have time to type this in.

Hope to have more time tomorrow...will do a few lines then.......

In the meantime big cheer please for Mrs. Berrett whose unselfish devotion to her administratorial (blimey - is there such a word???) duties gave me the assistance I needed....

Posted 4 years ago #
  14. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

LOL Mrs Midgley, you're making me blush...

Posted 4 years ago #
  15. Hi Brenda, lovely to hear from you again

Christine, if we have a virtual Swindon is there a facebook group that everyone who was going could be invited to join & then we can chat & show our progress over the weekend?

Posted 4 years ago #
  16. Christine
    Had a look at the facebook site earlier. Is it possible to set up an event on it so we can have a virtual Swindon or is that up to Andrea?

Posted 4 years ago #
  17. Hello girls, having a home stitching weekend in lieu of Swindon sounds good to me; although looking at the food angle - that I'm afraid still rests at my door. If I left it to Geoff it would be Pot Noodles all the way........ yuk......

I'm busy at the moment trying to finish my Strawberry Sweete Bag. I'm working on the two diamond hardanger sections with the corner needleweaving bit. Not keen on doing wrapped bars as I find keeping the wraps even and neat isn't as easy as just doing the under and over type of needleweaving.....still, I am getting there.

Telephoned our library this morning as it suddenly ocurred to me that they too could be closing their doors the same as schools........yes, was the response, they are. I thought of the 7 books I'd got in my library book bag and the enormous fine I might have to pay when I could eventually return them. However, it was explained to me that although they are not letting the general public in any more, all the books that are currently out on loan have been placed on a compute generated thing to run a continual renewal service so no fines will accrue. Phew.......just wish though that the 7 books I've got were all stitching type books........wouldn't I have a lovely summer in front of me with such quality time perusing all the wonderful things inside!!

Hope your conservatory is soon up and being used Helen...... we've had one for a number of years now and is my absolute favourite place to sit and stitch. I sit on one of our two little sofas in there with the light coming over my left shoulder. It gives me such good light on the work in my hands and I can look up every so often out onto the garden and rest my eyes on all the greenery and listen to the birds singing. Bliss

Posted 4 years ago #
  18. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Helen - The CSG Facebook page is owned by Andrea and in any case I have no idea how to set up a virtual Swindon weekend. One issue I can think of would be that not everyone would be on Facebook in the first instance...

Posted 4 years ago #
  19. The Prime Minister has put a stop to my conservatory build
    At least we have walls, a roof & doors so I can put my camping chair in there for now and enjoy the view - all at the weekend as I work from home anyway so not a lot has changed for me in that respect.
    With all my bike weekends steadily getting cancelled I should get some good stitching time in over the next few months.
    Have you noticed how quiet everything has become?

Posted 4 years ago #
  20. Oh Helen - what a blow about the stop to your conservatory...... I suppose it comes under the heading of 'Construction Workers' and whether they would be able to manage the Social Distancing aspect.

It's surprising though how some of the rulings seem to have grey areas...... We are in the midst of some landscaping work in our garden. The basic thing has been put into place now; with Stage I having been done before last Christmas, Stage II recently completed. We are now in the final throes and have an area which needs re-planting but needs some topsoil. Geoff has been searching online for where he might obtain the stuff - and has found one who will deliver and dump it on the front drive. However, following telephone conversations about it the chap said 'Yes, we can supply you, but we need to know that it is to be used for planting vegetables'........ What?? It would suggest that if its for flowers/bushes etc. it might cause a problem.....? It's wiser that I don't tell you the finish of that conversation!!

Something cheery to look forward to...I've seen on t.v. the last couple of nights a trailer for the next run of programmes for The Great British Sewing Bee...'Coming Soon' we have been informed. A lovely hourly series which gives us such enjoyment of all their aspects of sewing and a learning of the characters themselves .... A real de-stresser of a programme ........

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.