The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Leeds 2021

(37 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Helen Hawkins-Ainsley
  • Latest reply from Helen Hawkins-Ainsley

No tags yet.

1. As this looks like it will actually happen who is going?
    I know there won't be that many of us.

Christine can we have an official countdown?

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

If you insist...

Today, Tuesday 11th May 2021, there are 38 sleeps to Leeds 2021

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. Thanks, that sounds so good

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. JeannieQ

Hoping to go with my daughter, but hubby has just broken his leg so we'll have to see if he can manage for the weekend or I may have to stay behind. Fingers crossed XXX

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. Hi Jeannie hope your hubby is OK & that he can manage by himself by then

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

Really looking forward to Leeds. Just waiting for the letter from Andrea before I book the train ticket. Does anybody know exactly how many of us will be going?

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. JeannieQ

It's a fairly small select few about 25ish I think.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. Oh - so you've only got about 36 days to go now for Leeds. How absolutely, blooming brilliant. Those of us who are not going will be thinking of you all. 25-ish sounds quite a nice number actually - still enough to be interesting and the benefit of being a smaller group is when you start queuing up on Sunday morning to pay Bill for your purchases.
    I always hate being outside in a queue for Bill and wondering what I might be missing in the sewing room itself......

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I think it's limited to 30 in total including Andrea and helpers, but don't quote me on that

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Got the letter this morning asking for the Leeds balance payment. It mentions "customised CSG project bags" so please be sure to bring yours

And it looks like I was right about the 30 people limit...

35 sleeps to go - that's only 5 weeks!!

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. Spoke to Andrea yesterday (& paid her)
    27 stitchers plus Andrea, Jane & Carol

Got a new busy 5 weeks
    Going camping in 2 weeks, then seeing my brother & nice the next weekend

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

So, paid Andrea when I got the letter from her, bought my train ticket yesterday, and now counting the number of sleeps till Leeds happens. Keeping fingers crossed that this Indian variant of Covid, won’t affect the weekend.

Had my mum, sister and brother in law to stay at the beginning of the week, really lovely to see them again - first time since September last year, even though we speak on the phone, it’s not the same.

How many sleeps now Christine?

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Only 28 sleeps to go now, folks!

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. Barbara so glad you're all set for Leeds
    I'm going camping & then having my brother & niece to stay before that - busy couple of weeks

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. Had my 2nd jab today, so by the time we meet up in Leeds should be fully protected

Posted 2 years ago #
  16. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Excellent news Helen!

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. Barbara Stone

Against whom Helen? (Just joking - that’s good news.)
    Actually now getting worried having read the headlines in the papers, while queuing to pay for petrol, as to whether Leeds will take place. Just
    keeping fingers crossed, as I don’t think I’d be too chuffed if we had to cancel again.

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. Against any one who wants to stop me going away
    I don't see any reason why Leeds shouldn't happen - they are controlling this Indian variant with the vaccines.
    I think if the end of lockdown is delayed Boris will get lynched !!

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. Christine how's the countdown going?

My bags are out & starting to be packed (stitching ones that is)
    Trying to decide what to take for Bring & Brag without going overboard
    Chauffeur booked (for both directions)

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. Barbara Stone

The train tickets have been purchased, there’s a heap of stuff in the spare bed ready to be packed, new clothes have been purchased, and I’ve been to the bank to get the tiara out, (I’ll have to risk not having my security guard) and I’m getting very excited at the prospect of s weekend with friends. Only blot on the landscape before that is my duty on the train tomorrow (Tuesday) when instead of having two Travelling ticket inspectors and a trainee, it now seems like it’s going to be just me! Don’t know what’s happened to everybody else, but at least it will keep me busy. Big downside is that I’ll have to clean the entire train (7 coaches) between passengers on my own! Think I might sleep well tomorrow night! Better do all my sewing today. At least the weather is sunny here in the South West.

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.