The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Stolen Moments 138

(29 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Helen Hawkins-Ainsley
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Got my magazine last week.
    I'm stitching the Christmas decoration with all the trees as the last part of my 2021 band sampler. Then it will just need to bottom doing & it can be hung up.
    I was also tempted by the flower sampler & the waterfall one.

What is everyone else doing? I know Christine is doing some more of the Tudor book - look forward to seeing your version of it at Swindon

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I enjoyed stitching the model for Waterfall so much that I am going to stitch it again for myself ;0)

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. How different will it be?

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. Oh - so pleased to see this report - obviously they are now in the process of being delivered. Mine in Crewe (now Monday 13th) hasn't arrived yet - but there again we've had no post since last Monday - or was it Tuesday; can't remember......anyway, we are perhaps due for a bumper bundle of post to arrive today....if it doesn't come today though at least I shall know it's 'out there' and if it doesn't turn up by say Wednesday I shall be on the blower to Andrea for another copy.

So - thanks girls for listing this on the Forum ........

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. Brenda, hope it turns up today. I got mine on Friday

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. Jean Strange

Hi everyone
    No sign of my mag either. Post seems very erratic here at the moment too. We have been getting a bumper delivery then nothing for a few days. Like Brenda I think I’ll give it a couple of days then phone Andrea. The new designs sound lovely.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. Brenda / Jean, I'd start by asking the post office what is going on. Sounds like they may be short staffed again and not doing everyone every day

I think there are some really nice designs in this one

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. Jean - thanks for highlighting that you've not had yours yet either....that makes me feel better actually as I get the feeling now it is just delayed and not necessarily lost - which was my first thought to be honest.

Helen - I'm looking forward to it all the more now seeing as you say there are some really nice designs in it. In the meantime - how are you chick?...been thinking of you over this last week or two desperately hoping you were not one of those without power - but Yorkshire seemed to be highlighted so often as one of the dodgy areas for snow and power cuts. The last thing anyone wants in the cold weather we've had.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. Hooraaaay! - 20 to 4 and the postman's just been - magazine's arrived.......had almost given up hope for today.....

Hope yours too has surfaced by now Jean...

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Helen - you will just have to wait until Swindon to see my version of Waterfall, and judge what I might have changed...

(assuming: 1. it is finished by then, and 2. whether I've changed anything at all) ;o)

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. Brenda, so nice of you to be thinking of me. We don't suffer with the storm, it just got very windy here. Yorkshire is a huge county though.
    Glad your postman finally got there

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. Jean Strange

Morning all
    No. No mag yesterday. There was a mail delivery to the street as we saw the van driving out but we didn’t get any post at all. As I’m expecting a parcel which was dispatched last week not amused. As I knit as well as stitch I am joining a Betwixmas “knit along” and am expecting the kit. The project is a very pretty shawl. As I get very cold across my shoulders I am knitting myself big scarves or wraps and shawls this winter.

As you say Helen Yorkshire is a big county my daughter is in Rotherham and she didn’t have any problems with power outages either.

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. Jean Strange

As predicted post man just rang doorbell with large amount of mail with an elastic band round it to keep it all together!!! The parcel I was expecting, CSG mag, knitting mag I subscribe to and Christmas cards. Probably won’t get anything else for a couple of days now.

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. Interesting this about how post is being affected differently, in different areas. After the couple of posts (sorry, no pun intended) on the Forum over the last couple of days, I turned our t.v. on yesterday evening and there, on our local t.v. news, was an item about the very same thing, highlighting the fact in one area even, people are going to the postal sorting office to collect their own mail....

The reason for this was cited by several people who knew a certain item of post was on its way to them but hadn't arrived. One lady too mentioned that she received, far too late, a letter that had been sent to her by a hospital - in good enough time for her to receive it, giving her an appointment time and date only to find it arrived several days after the appointment - which really is sad.

Royal Mail (or whatever name they call themselves these days, having probably paid some advertising agency thousands to come up with something a 5 year old could've thought of) are stating the reason for the poor service is lack of staff and - of course - increased amounts of post at this time of the year. Fair enough I suppose, but the thing that bugs me most is the fact there is probably 'X' amount of people out there on the dole who could be undertaking this role, if only the Government had the b....s to tell them to get off their lazy backsides and do the job otherwise their dole money would stop......

Oooh Mrs. - now I've probably opened a can of worms there......no doubt someone in the office of Human Rights will tell me off for even thinking, let alone stating, my thoughts on the matter........ 'Eck, if I get sent to prison for disturbing the peace of mind of these morons (that's Government and Lazy Sods) - I wonder if they'll let me take my needles and threads in with me......

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. Brenda, I totally agree with your rant.
    I don't see why people should get rewarded for doing nothing with their lives or just for having lots of kids. Like you I would make it compulsory to do something in order to get your dole money. There, now I'm coming to prison with you.

Jean, glad you've got all your post now. We are further north of Rotherham in Leeds, although being nearer the Peak District they can get worse weather than us. We sit in the bottom of the Vale of York & it is usually fairly sheltered here

Posted 2 years ago #
  16. Oh - my little chick's coming to prison with me.....how lovely...will really enjoy myself in there now......what a hoot!!

Been shopping this morning and picked up the t.v. magazine we now use (instead of much loved but often delivered late Radio Times) Just flicked through it whilst waiting for the kettle to boil when I got home and saw that the Christmas Sewing Bee is on next Wednesday. Lovely jubbly as Del Boy would say.......

Geoff feeling really quite unwell this morning and couldn't face coming out shopping with me. He had his booster jab yesterday afternoon and I thought it might be that ....... anyway, I was chatting to the girl slicing my bread in Asda this morning and she said she'd had her booster last week and had felt absolutely rotten and fit for nothing the next day......phew, relieved my mind a bit where Geoff was concerned. Told him when I got home so that's bucked him up a bit.

Off to report for kitchen duties now......the bugger might not be feeling well but he still says he's hungry. I often tell him I'm sure he's been a pedal bin in a previous life - I only need tread on his foot and his mouth opens.......

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. Brenda, the pedal bin analogy made me laugh.
    I felt rotten after my booster as well, but it didn't last too long

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. Barbara Stone

Got my magazine on Monday, but our post has been up the Swanee for ages now. We are basically having a delivery every other day, but they are not delivering cards except once a week. You’re not telling me that people are sending cards so they arrive on a Friday, and never through the week! We complained to the delivery office because some of Bobs appointment letters have only just arrived in time, and were (basically) told that if we complained we wouldn’t get any post at all! Makes me so wild to hear that they got a big pay rise!

My booster made me feel bad, arm hurt and I felt so tired, but nothing like as bad as the first injection made me feel. On the other hand, the other half didn’t feel anything after his. There is no justice on this world!

I’ll come to prison with you as well Brenda, if I can bring my sewing. At least we wouldn’t have to cook in there (or would we?)

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. No!! there's no way I'm cooking in prison......we'll offer to do the garden instead - and er - what else? - yes! run the library as well and then cunningly slide into the conversation with the Governor that we would be interested in running a self-help group - and then play our trump card - we'll teach all the inmates how to sew and stitch if they are interested.......

All in all we could end up having a jolly time. One last thing though we would need to be centrally heated, have a 'hostess' tea tray in our cell and have access to chocolate.......

If you have anything else you wish to add to the list, please do...we simply must get our list of requirements set up and agreed to before entering the premises.

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. Well we'd better have nice comfy chairs & good lighting
    I'm not having a tea tray, just a hostess to bring the tea
    Definitely no cooking - you forget I don't do it anyway

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.