The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Swindon

(46 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Helen Hawkins-Ainsley
  • Latest reply from Helen Hawkins-Ainsley

No tags yet.

1. Is it time to start a countdown or am I being too previous?

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. Jean Strange

Morning all
    No Helen don’t think it’s too early. Spoke to Andrea last week and she said she is preparing letters about payment and will then be contacting us. Think we should get letters in the next week or so.

Anyway who is going to the third time lucky event? I am so looking forward to it. I cancelled in 2020 because I had recently had my liver transplant surgery but then it got cancelled because of COVID anyway. Can’t believe it is two years ago on 11th Feb I had my surgery. Jeff is coming with me and planning his Saturday. It’s a week after our wedding anniversary so having it as our treat to celebrate.

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. Jean Strange

Mean two weeks after wedding anniversary.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. I'm going - like you say 3rd time lucky

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I'm going, of course, and so is Janet Nicholl. I think there will be around 60 of us there

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Helen - 59 sleeps to go...

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. That sounds good.
    Seems an awful lot of people though.
    Got a couple of weekends away before, so feels like things are finally getting back to normal.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. Forgot to say - the magazine arrived yesterday
    Christine I expect to see your completed Tudor book at Swindon

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I have a number of other things on the go so I'm not sure whether the Tudor Book will be finished by then. Mean-to-say, I've not even worked out how I'm going to change the remaining pages yet ;o)

8 weeks tomorrow....

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

You just know Swindon is on the horizon when you get the letter from Andrea asking for the balance

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. Barbara Stone

Got my letter from Andrea yesterday, demanding money with menaces for the weekend (not really, but you know what I mean), so will pay it tomorrow, if I can. I am so looking forward to it. Might have to bring a cake with me to celebrate! April will be a busy month - Swindon, Amsterdam, but luckily enough no pantomime this year, as it clashes with my holiday. What a shame!
    Actually, 60 people does seem a lot. Do you reckon we've got used to only dealing with smaller numbers during the last couple of years?
    Haven't been on the forum for a while, so apologies to those of you who thought I didn't love you enough to write.

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. Jean Strange

Morning everyone

I got my letter last week too. Will pay this week. Yes 60 does seem a lot but does that include the non stitching partners I wonder? Jeff is coming with me and I know Fiona is bringing Michael. There are probably other ladies bringing partners too.

Off to Rotherham on Friday for a week to visit grandsons as it is their half term. I have booked to take them to Cannon Hall Farm (Rob and Dave’s farm) from the TV program This Week on the Farm. It is very reasonably priced and it is lambing season.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Swindon.

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I've just paid up. I think 60 is quite usual for Swindon

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. Got my letter on Saturday, just waiting for Andrea to ring me back - her phone was engaged on Monday. I'm sure 60 is normal, just seems a lot, I liked the small number we had at Leeds.

Came past Cannon Hall on the motorway on Sunday but the weather was far to awful to stop - for somewhere so close to us we've never been. Haven't seen any lambs yet, but I keep looking on my travels. Hope you have a lovely time with the grandsons, Jean.

I have to agree with Barbara that April is a busy month - War of the Worlds at the Leeds Arena (Mick's Christmas present), Swindon, Easter in Scotland with the British Legion Riders branch.

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. Jean Strange

Morning everyone

Well it’s getting closer!! How long now Christine? I am looking forward to seeing all of you who are going.

Spent last week in Rotherham with my daughter and family. We were supposed to be going up on Friday 18th but decided because of the weather forecast discretion was the better part of valour and delayed until Saturday. Took the grandsons to Cannon Hall Farm on Thursday the weather was horrible then too! Had alternate snow/hail and bright sunshine but the boys enjoyed themselves and Connor, the youngest, won a ticket for a return visit at the sheep racing. My daughter thought it was almost worth the drive for the farm shop which was very good. It is outside the farm “attraction” so could visit without going there. In spite of the weather it was quite busy.

Like Helen seem to be getting busy at the moment it must be that time of year! Think there is something on at least one day per week for a while.

Posted 2 years ago #
  16. Did they have any lambs at Cannon Hall? We saw our first 3 weeks ago in Staffordshire and then some more this weekend in Lincolnshire

Brenda - we have another Yorkshire program on TV now - Jane McDonald's Yorkshire. She grew up not so far from us. I think it's time to stop the Yorkshire programs or we'll be overrun with tourists - ha ha

The bike went out for the first time yesterday - we take her off the road during the winter
    We are going away on her on the 18th

My Monday night stitching group met back for the first time this week - apparently it is 2 weeks short of 2 years since we last met !!

Better do some work now

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Swindon is 5 weeks on Friday, which makes it 37 sleeps to go...

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. We have a busy few weeks between now & then

Do I need to bring the Winter Mouse House with me - it did make any appearance at Bring & Brag in Leeds last year?

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I don't remember seeing it at Leeds, and there will be plenty of people at Swindon who weren't at Leeds, so what the heck - bring it anyway!

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. OK, will do. I'm sure you'll remember it when you see it.

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.