The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Sewing Bee

(71 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Jean Strange
  • Latest reply from brenda midgley

No tags yet.

1. Jean Strange

Hi everyone saw a trailer for new series of Sewing Bee starts 27th of this month. So who’s going to be watching?

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I will !

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. But, of course

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. JeannieQ

I'll be watching too. I've got my sewing machine out ready to sew!!

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. Yay!!!!.....I can't watch it Wednesday evening as it's my usual choir rehearsal night, but by 'eck I shall be on the sofa glued to it the next evening...... must get a supply of chocolate in.....it's always a lovelier programme if I'm munching away on something nice......

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

The right result, I think

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. Totally agree, although I think the personality will be a loss to the group
    Loved the garment of the week - would do just nicely for my step-daughters' wedding

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Lovely Garment of the Week, but the one struggling in the first two challenges would have had to do something uber-spectacular in the made-to-measure to avoid being shown the door

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. Hello everyone....Just catching up with your comments re Sewing Bee. Despite my intentions I didn't get to see it until last night.....don't know where this week has disappeared to......
    anyway, yes, I too liked Garment of the week - but just tell me this - do you think they have started off this series nearer to 'the deep end of the pool' than they usually do.

The skirt at the beginning for instance I immediately thought could have been a bit demanding for some with working with a woollen fabric - especially whoever it was who chose a largish check for instance as the stripes in the check when setting the pocket onto the main body didn't line up - and I felt sure a comment would be made about that. I would have thought they would be advised at the outset to choose a plain fabric. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how things go along over the weeks.

After initially not feeling sure of Sara Pascoe as a presenter, I thought she settled in quite nicely last night, with a calmer approach than hitherto on the Christmas special.

Nice to know we still have several weeks to go yet....I might even be able to remember all their names by then too!! Only mastered a few of them so far.....

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. Jean Strange

Hi everyone
    Didn’t manage to watch Sewing Bee until last night (been away in the caravan) but agree with you all the right person went.

While away went to see new Downton Abbey film on the first day of release. It was a lovely film but if any of you are going to see it make sure you take the tissues!!!!

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. And here we are - Wednesday again
    No football to get in the way tonight, so I can watch it live.

Has anyone seen the last series of "Secrets of the Museum" about the V&A?
    My sky box decided to record it for me, so I watched the first one at the weekend.
    Didn't realise Beatrix Potter used some of the collection for drawings in her books!!

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I watched the programmes about the V&A - there was an earlier series too, possibly last year? I love watching programmes like that!

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Last night's Sewing Bee - that first challenge was a bit different!

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. Not seen it yet.

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. Jean Strange

Definitely a bit different but interesting!!! Liked garment of the week. The winner had definitely put a lot of thought into the design.

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Difficult to predict Garment of the Week - so many great jackets to choose from.

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. Finally caught up - what a standard they are setting from the start
    Having to make trainers was interesting
    I liked the winning a jacket - I have a friend who was fairly high up in the army & I could actually see her in something like that. I liked the gold one as well.
    Shame the one who lost didn't get his measurements right as I liked the idea of that jacket

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

The chap who got his measurements wrong was not the one who went home, it was the maker of the single-sleeved garment who walked - not because it was ill-fitting, but because it was badly made. The badly fitted jacket had a much better finish

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

My personal favourites were the winning jacket, and the gold one with the amazing lining

Posted 1 year ago #
  20. Got myself confused there
    Seems we agree on our favourites though

Posted 1 year ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.