The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Leicester 2022

(35 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Helen Hawkins-Ainsley
  • Latest reply from Rita Barron

No tags yet.

1. Can't be long now. Christine, how long? I need my weekend fix.
    I have finished the VERRRY long band sampler with the Norwegian national costumes on it & will bring it for you all to see.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

74 sleeps to go!

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. That sounds good

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Can't wait, just don't want to wish the year away. It's going too fast already!

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Only 65 sleeps now...

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. We're getting nearer - got the reminder letter today

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

20 sleeps...

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. Has anyone that went to Leeds & is coming to Leicester finished the Leeds project?
    I could do with a hand making it up as I'm not convinced there is enough spare fabric round each bit

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Can't remember what the Leeds project was - can you give us a clue?

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. There are 3 items on one piece of fabric - a square scissor keep, a sausage / cracker shaped pincushion and a stuffed pocket thing to keep the scissors in

Does that help?

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Thanks, I remember it now.

Unfortunately I can't be of any help as I made mine into a greetings card and a cube :o/

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. Never mind, I'm taking it with me anyway
    I'm sure someone can help figure it out with me

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Your best bet is to ask Jane

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. Hello Helen.....I've finished my Leeds project and will bring it to Leicester if it's any help to you. I've done it on different fabric and it isn't quite the design that Jane's chart started as, but I've obviously still got the bit of fabric that we were specifically given for this project, so I'll bring that as well.......if nothing else you can have that and jigger around folding it and whatnot to see if it 'fits' - without spoiling what you have stitched.

Also - as Christine says - Jane will be there so grab her while you can!!

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Only 10 sleeps to go

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. Barbara Stone

Can't wait for Leicester, - just got to get the murder mystery out of the way first. Couldn't believe it on Monday evening, when we were told that we were sold out on Friday night! We've never had that big an audience before. A Neighbour asked me if I'd got first night nerves and I told her that I'd had them since June!!! Wish me luck tomorrow please.
    I didn't finish my Leeds project - I have to admit it, but I went wrong when stitching it, so gave up, but I'm looking forward to seeing everybody elses.

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hi Barbara, which Murder Mystery are you doing this time?

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. Barbara Stone

We're doing Who Killed The Vicar, and I play Gladys Sunday, his housekeeper. I don't think I'm the murderer, but I'll find out if I did it, tomorrow night.

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Do keep us updated - we need to know whether we have a murderous friend or not...

Posted 1 year ago #
  20. Barbara Stone

Will do. By tonight I might have murdered somebody, and it won’t have been the vicar! Last minute nerves etc. At least my costume isn’t as revealing as the last one I had to do. This time I’m just in a skirt and jumper and slippers. I did think of doing it, with my hair in curlers, a scarf round my head and a fag hanging out of the corner of my mouth, but decided reluctant against that!

Posted 1 year ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.