The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Back to Work

(2 posts)
  • Started 13 years ago by Andrea Thompson
  • Latest reply from brenda midgley

No tags yet.

1. Andrea Thompson

After a few weeks of stitching and knitting with my feet up in front of the Tele life returns once again to normal.
    Work :-(
    This time last week I'd have been watching bargain hunt with a mince pie and cup of tea. Today work... but at least I've still got the cup of tea.
    Hope your Monday-Tuesdays are all going well. (Tuesday but feels like a Monday)

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. Perhaps you should have entitled this 'Back to Normal' Andrea - (there are some of us who no longer go out to work - not that I'm rubbing that in of course!). So, back to normal for me today has been in taking down the decorations and putting things away. The house now looks as it usually does.

I have an after-Christmas jaded feel on me - and because of the dreadful situation with our postal service in Crewe - I have received yet another Christmas card today. I still feel there are more to come as I never got a card from my nephew and there are at least 4 friends from whom I would normally receive a card but as yet nothing has arrived.

Enough of this negativity. So - what's out front now, well for me a few things actually. Our choir will be doing a Come and Sing Messiah day on Saturday. I shall really enjoy that and we have singers from everywhere come and join us for the day to sing. The money raised will go to our local hospice. Last year (January 2010) when we did it a girl stood next to me who had travelled from the Wirral. There was snow on the ground and it was bitterly cold. She told me - in true Liverpudlian style - that if she'd known it was going to be that bad she'd've worn two thongs instead of one. I smiled at that all afternoon. Don't you just love these joyous people.

Next we have Sewing for Pleasure at the NEC. I shall probably go on the Thursday because on the Saturday I shall be singing again with choir - Faure's Requiem. It's years since we've done that. Anybody who knows the music will know how beautiful it is. I stood in the kitchen ironing on Monday morning and played the CD to refresh myself on the alto part. It gave me the 'blinks' and I probably ended up with some things as creased as when I started as I couldn't see properly through my watery eyes.

Hope you all have some lovely things in front of you to look forward to. Once again I find myself writing up a list of required goodies ready for the NEC. One thing I shall be looking for is a peachy coloured 28 count fabric on which to stitch the fabulous sampler in the Gold Collection magazine that someone put in the raffle at Bradford. I don't know who you are - but thank you, to me it was a prize I was absolutely chuffed with.

Posted 13 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.