US Members/Trip

(128 posts)
  • Started 13 years ago by Doris
  • Latest reply from Brigitte Gant
  1. Now we know who the noisy ones are
    Think they should bring back some goodies for those of us left behind

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

Don't think we had room on the coach, or the money, to bring anything back for anybody left behind, but we did have a good time! Sorry you couldn't come with us - we missed you.

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. Brigitte Gant

Back to the humdrum housework. Took Margaret to the airport this afternoon and she got home ok. Where did the time go? What a fabulous trip again!!! Thank you to you all for contributing to a great time.
    Hope Jane had a lovely birthday yesterday - rather day before yesterday by now. I wish I was on that coach still.

Posted 13 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

I don't think you're the only one Brigitte, from the phone calls I've had since we got home, I think we all wish we were back on the coach. Got to go back to work tomorrow still think about leaving permanently, if the situation there doesn't improve. Oh well, back to the grindstone I suppose. Thanks for a fantastic time.

Posted 13 years ago #
  5. Ruth Harrison

Hi All. Isn't life a bit flat since we all came back from such a great trip to Germany. Every thing is a bit one dimmentional, must look at all the lovely things I brought back, that should chear me up. I think this trip was the best ever. As for Doris, you are a star and so much fun to be around, please come again next year if you can.

Posted 13 years ago #
  6. Doris

I'm still hoping to wake up and find myself on the coach, headed to the next exciting stop. Thank you, Ruth, that is so sweet.

As I expected by y'all's forum speak, you are definiely a group of outstanding ladies. I enjoyed your company, your help, your "advice" (hehe) and your individual super personalities. If I stepped over any boundaries, please accept my apologies.

Got to the airport only to find that someone? had not issued my ticket. Both sides, the airline and my travel agent blames each other. BA expexcted me to call my agent at 3am to settle it. I couldn't even wake someone in my family. So, in the middle of the airport I broke down and had a good cry. Good thing I wasn't PMSing. Someone from BA came over and fixed the problem.

Guess I need to get back to reality here, hehe.

Posted 13 years ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

Oh Doris, you poor thing. I thought that kind of thing only happened to me! At least they fixed it for you. As Ruth said, it was great to have you around, and yes, we'd love to see you again next year. As for getting back to reality, - well reality is so awful at the moment, I'd much rather stay in holiday mode, and remember all the good times we had. Take care and keep in touch.

Posted 13 years ago #
  8. Brigitte Gant

Yeah, Doris, that's all you need to ruin a perfect week. Still, you did the right thing and did the girly thing, so they had to act and you got home. Well done, that girl.
    I transferred the pix to my photo laptop yesterday - need the cards clear for Heathcliff's christening this Sunday - and found it hard to think it was only days ago we were on Malcom's coach. I think we are a very lucky bunch.

Posted 13 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.