The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Red Wine spillage on Aida

(7 posts)
  • Started 13 years ago by dougiemitch
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone
  1. dougiemitch

I have had an accident have spilled red wine on my partially completed cross stitch. It is a green aida. Can anyone recommend anything to remove the stains

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. margarita

I was at a party where someone spilled red wine on a white table cloth and immediately poured white wine over it. Apparently this would bring the red stain out.

I think I have also heard that soda water helps.

Do you have a spare piece of aida that you could try these remedies out on to make sure they don't take the green out of the fabric?

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. Barbara Stone

So have you managed to get the red wine stain out yet? Please do let us all know how you got on.

Posted 13 years ago #
  4. Michelle

Hello

I can vouch for the white wine - had the same thing happen to me - you have to pour it pretty much as soon as the spillage occurs but if its only a small piece I guess you could soak the area in white wine.

Hope you sort it.

Michelle

Posted 13 years ago #
  5. Brigitte Gant

Maybe we should do what my son does when he sits outdoors with a drink. He pours his wine into a stout empty jam jar and screws the lid on in between slurps.

Posted 13 years ago #
  6. Auntie Beryl

Very Elegant ! But what a great idea for the Sloe Gin while you are on the coach in Germany !

Posted 13 years ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

With the amount of stitching we have to do on the coach while on holiday, there isn't going to be much time for drinking the old sloe gin! However, thats a really good idea, but everybody is going to have to bring their own jam jar with lid, - I clank enough when I've only got the gin with me!

Posted 13 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.