The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Little Linen Book

(8 posts)
  • Started 13 years ago by hazelxstitch
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone
  1. hazelxstitch

Have just received this exquisite book and started to stitch the cover already! It's such a gorgeous item and a great size to slip into a handbag. What do other CSG members think?
    By the way, I haven't got my new edition of "Stitch That!" yet ... sniff!

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. Got mine Little Linen Book yesterday. It's georgeous !!!
    Might just have to do it before I finish the sample book

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. Su Maddocks

Got my Little Linen Book in the week and the tiny project was the perfect size to take with me to two seaside picnics, in fabulous sunshine, and stitch to my heart's content....my idea of heavan

Posted 13 years ago #
  4. SLATEK

Hi everyone
    I just love reading all the conversations going on here so I thought that I would join in. I have just received my little linen book which is a lovely little treasure. Does anyone know how to attatch the finished piece to the book? I'm a bit unsure on this do you glue it or stitch it somehow? Can't wait to get started on this project.

Posted 13 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

In Jane's instructions that come with the Little Linen Book, she includes the line:

"My version was completed using double sided tape but it could be stitched in position"

As the plain linen cover is stretched so tightly over the backing board, I'm not sure how feasible it would be to stitch the "vignette" to the cover?

Posted 13 years ago #
  6. SLATEK

Ah I seem to be missing a page in the instructions. Have e mailed Jane to see if she can help. I think masking tape is a good idea. Thanks for your help.

Posted 13 years ago #
  7. I finished My Little Linen book last night and am very pleased with it. I used double sided tape to fix it to the front and it seems to work fine.

Sally

Posted 13 years ago #
  8. Barbara Stone

That's just showing off Sally!!! I only got mine a couple of days ago, and so far, all I've managed is to find the centre. Well I have been busy (and thats my only defence.) Well done girl.

Posted 13 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.