The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Hoop?

(3 posts)
  • Started 13 years ago by Rosajet
  • Latest reply from Su Maddocks
  1. Rosajet

I have just finished a linen cross stitch, it looks good, but I 'guessed' what I was meant to do. I have now purchased a very expensive 32 count linen design. I would like to know if I should use a hoop or not and how do I start and finish 'confetti stitches'. Should I mark the grid with thread? Any help and guidance would really appreciated...oh this new project will be my third (1 aida and 1 linen)

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. margarita

There's an explanation here

http://www.scarletquince.com/pinhead_linen.php

of how to do Pinhead Stitch which may be what you need for your 'confetti stitches'.

I always mark the grid on my fabric every 10 stitches. It's much easier to see where you are in a complicated pattern.

I don't use a hoop: I use a scroll frame on a stand. If you do use a hoop, loosen it at the end of every stitching session to minimise the hoop impression on the fabric. Some people prefer stitching by holding the fabric in the hand.

Good luck and keep us updated with your progress.

What is it that you are stitching?

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. Su Maddocks

Yes do let us know what you are doing and how you get on with it.......thanks for sharing the web site connection Margarita..it's got some pretty helpful info

Posted 13 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.