The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Hello

(13 posts)
  • Started 13 years ago by Michelle
  • Latest reply from Michelle

Tags:

1. Michelle

Hello Everyone

Just wanted to say Hello to everyone and I am looking forward to getting to know you all. I joined the CSG at the NEC show yesterday. Lovely show - spent far too much money as always but had the best of days.

Take care Michelle x

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. Brigitte Gant

Welcome, Michelle, glad you have joined us. (My purse suffered quite a thinning after the show at Olympia. That's the price we pay for our addiction.) Don't be put off if we give impression that we are a bit mad. We are really very very nice and helpful.

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. Su Maddocks

Hello Michelle.....nice to see you here. I sadly don't make the London shows but manage to empty my purse at Westpoint and of course spend a fortune on this website....still, as addictions go it's not too bad for your health and doesn't injure your lungs, liver or waistline like other addictions....although you can end up with a fat back side from all the sitting stitching!!!

Posted 13 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Hello Michelle, you'll soon be as mad as the rest of us! I managed to avoid the temptation of Olympia, the NEC and the quilt show this weekend at Exeter. I can't think why I've suddenly become so strong willed, unless it was the sight of my husbnd waving the bank statements at me. However, I do have the great prospect of spending money in Germany to come, so I'm saving my money for that.

Posted 13 years ago #
  5. 140559

Hello Michelle. I hope you enjoy your time with us. This forum is really good and everyone is helpful and encouraging. Cross stitch may be a sedentary occupation but I find that I don't eat chocolate when I stitch as I dont want to get marks on the linen! Every little helps! Alison xxx

Posted 13 years ago #
  6. Doris

Hi Michelle, welcome. I'm from the states but these crazy ladies have me addicted to the forum. This is truly an awesome site, gay turtles and all.

Posted 13 years ago #
  7. Janet Nicholl

I heard that the best way to eat chocolate when you are stitching is to use a spoon - no sticky fingers that way!!

Posted 13 years ago #
  8. 140559

Thanks for that Janet! My two addictions can go together then!

Posted 13 years ago #
  9. Jean Strange

Hi Michelle we are all friendly really. Glad to be able to get back on the forum have had no house phone, internet, e-mail or sky channels for 9 days!! Would you believe someone stripped out and stole the copper wiring from the BT lines!! Have felt decidedly deprived not being able to join in. Hope to see you at some of the Guild events.

Posted 13 years ago #
  10. Hi Michelle
    Welcome to the crazy gang. We all look forward to hearing from you. I didn't get to the NEC. Too far for me, but I did get to Olympia where I met up with Brigitte, Flee and others. It was great. I also went to Westpoint earlier in the year. Our next adventure is the CSG German trip. Just imagine a coachful of ladies stitching their way across Germany. It has to make you smile.Hope to meet possibly at one of our weekends. Best Wishes Sally

Posted 13 years ago #
  11. Barbara Stone

If you want to see how eating chocolate with spoon, can be exceptionally mucky, and sticky etc., ask Helen McRobbie, or myself to show you the photo's of Sue (Sorry dear), at the meal in Amsterdam. Believe me, its extrememly educational!!

Posted 13 years ago #
  12. Brigitte Gant

We will have to have a session of getting better at eating chocolate without getting sticky. What a lovely prospect!!!!

Posted 13 years ago #
  13. Michelle

Thank you to everyone who has made me so welcome.

Michelle x

Posted 13 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.