The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

A Little Plea for Help

(4 posts)
  • Started 13 years ago by Michelle
  • Latest reply from Michelle

Tags:

1. Michelle

Hi All

I wouldn't normally ask for anything like this but a lady from the cross stitch club I am a member of is trying to raise funds to help those affected by the Japanese tragedy. Her daughter-in-law is Japanese and although her family are safe, she knows many people who have been affected.

She is asking any stitchers to donate a piece of stitching no bigger than 4" x 4" with the spoken word on it. What she means is stitching where wording is the main part something like 'Friendship Grows', 'Cosy Christmas Wishes', 'Count Your Blessings' (all freebies on the Lizzie Kate website). Any pieces of stitching she receives will be made into items which will be sold off to raise funds to try to help the community her family is part of rebuild their lives.

If you want to send anything already made up ie., pin-keep, cushion, etc., then thats fine (saves some work I guess) I would gladly donate it to her on your behalf.

Hope you don't mind me posting anything like this but I think its a worthwhile cause.

Love Michelle xx

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. Hi Michelle
    That's a lovely idea. Where can we send things to?
    I'm sure I can find something(s) amongst the mountain of stuff I have at home
    Helen

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. I'm happy to join in Michelle - as Helen says where do you want us to send things to? and would you also like donations of spare threads etc. Brenda

Posted 13 years ago #
  4. Michelle

Hi Girls

Maybe you could e-mail me at thegladwishs@crusade1.demon.co.uk and I will let you have my address details.

Thank you so much for your kindness in offering to stitch a little something. It will be so gratefully received.

Kindest regards Michelle x

Posted 13 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.