The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Holiday accommodation

(14 posts)
  • Started 13 years ago by Barbara Stone
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone
  1. Barbara Stone

Has anybody else received details of where we're staying when we're on the trip? I was wondering whether I'm being paranoid and I've not got my details cos our post is useless at the moment. I know Jane has been busy, and that could be the reason, but we've normally got the info by now, and Jane has asked us where we want to be picked up by the coach etc. Anyway, just a thought. (and I'm not hassling you Jane if you're reading this)

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. Hi Barbara,
    No news yet,but did receive a letter asking if we wanted Madeira threads,and it said details to follow about trip.
    See you soon Sally

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. Hello girls - I too have not received anything yet - I shouldn't think Jane will be too long now before she sends letters out - but like you, our area here - Crewe- is dreadful for post. We never receive ours until late afternoon and as for last Christmas! - well, forget it, cards were arriving anything up to 3 weeks after the event! so I can well understand your concern.

I can sense you are just rarin' to go; but not long now!

Posted 13 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

I just wondered if I was being completely paranoid. Our postman takes days off at the drop of a hat, and nobody does his round. We very rarely get a delivery on a Tuesday - I suppose thats his day off, and I'm sure some of our mail never gets delivered at all. Okay moan over, I'm not paranoid. Thank goodness. Less than three weeks to go now, do you suppose I need my holiday?

Posted 13 years ago #
  5. Ruth Harrison

You are not paranoid. Our post thankfully and touch wood is relatively good hear, we even get it before Lunch time witch amazes Helen. We have not received anything as yet, will let you know if we do, so watch this space.

Posted 13 years ago #
  6. Brigitte Gant

Nope, nada, nix, nothing. Good news. Get me on that coach before I lose all my marbles.
    (I hope, Malcolm has got the water bottles on board sorted, or I am in danger of overheating)

Posted 13 years ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

What do you have in your water bottles on the coach, that you're so anxious to get on board it Brigitte? However like you, I really need my holiday, and am really looking forward to seeing you all again.

Posted 13 years ago #
  8. Brigitte Gant

No, Barbara, the bottles of water Malcolm has on the coach remain aqua pura. I need them to keep me cool. The first year I had packed 10 small bottles which weighed a ton to start with in my case. I'd rather my case weighs a ton at the end of the tour.

Posted 13 years ago #
  9. Barbara Stone

I always knew you were hot stuff Brigitte, despite what you told me in the past! See you in two weeks. Yippee!

Posted 13 years ago #
  10. Ruth Harrison

Brigitte, I always thought you carried a complete drinks cabinet in that suitcase of yours. My illusions have been shattered! to think after all this time and it was only water. What a disappointment, please, please prove me wrong. By the bye I'm a brandy and lemonade girl myself, but anything will do except Vodka.

NOTE: Please take the above as a suggestion only, not an acknowledgement that we are all raving alcoholics.

Posted 13 years ago #
  11. Brigitte Gant

I said that I took a dozen small bottles of water only on the first trip. Now I only need a much smaller amount of bottles containing extra dry Martini which has to be moistened with Russian Water. Your brandy is safe from me, Ruth. It's the only drink that gives me a headache if I have more than one.

Posted 13 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

Has anybody else realised that all our discussions on the forum seem to involve alcohol lately? But please Sally H., could you phone me or e mail me, cos I've lost your phone number and your e mail address. Thanks. And if anybody's buying, I'll have a small brandy on its own please!

Posted 13 years ago #
  13. Hi Barbara
    Have just emailed you with phone number. Please let me know if you don't receive it.
    The only problem that I have with all the drink is that I never seem to see it,so prehaps we can change that this time. See you in two weeks. Sally

Posted 13 years ago #
  14. Barbara Stone

Thanks Sally, got it. Have to change everything this year. B.

Posted 13 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.