The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Finally!

(9 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by
  • Latest reply from Christine Berrett
  1. Am now back in the Forum. Have been having all sorts of problems with my login - I'm actually the stitcher formerly known as HAWKSLEY. Got fed up in the end and so I've completely re-registered. SO hello once more. I've made my first order to the Guild and I'm waiting for a band sampler and one of the little linen books. Are they really as gorgeous as they look in the catalogue? Hope so.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Jean Strange

Hi Annie have just had a quick look at the forum before going to pick up my stitching and do some more on the little linen book. YES they are as lovely as they look in the catalogue. Am hoping to finish the stitching over the school Easter holidays so can then mount on the book, which is sitting there waiting to be completed! Started the stitching at one of Jane's days at Pinks but just not had the time to complete yet. Hope yours arrives soon.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Brigitte Gant

Hello again, Annie. Technology is so annoying. I had to have four goes at trying to get online tonight. All this digital stuff is not all it's cracked up to be. Give me pen and paper any day.

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Hello Annie. My Little Linen book arrived this morning, and I haven't been able to touch it because we've decided to decorate the front room, and I don't want to get glue on it. As for technology - I logged onto the computer and its taken me 25 minutes to get onto the forum! Any minute now,and I will be reverting back to a slate and a piece of chalk. When they work, computers are fine, but when they don't grrr!! Anyway, have fun when you finally get your little linen book.

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Jean Strange

I know what you mean about technology!! Recently we were without our house phone, e-mail and Sky TV channels for 9 days! Was eventually fixed but at first they would not admit there was a line problem (for about 7 days). It wasn't just us but was random in the area then we heard that someone had stolen the copper wire from the lines which was why it was so odd and ramdom. Still almost back to normal other than on my account I can recieve e-mails but not send them!! I have my husband (who works in IT) on the case but at present he can't work it out either! Never mind back to the stitching have managed to do a bit more to my Little Linen book it is looking really good.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Brigitte Gant

Technology can be so frustrating when it does not work. We woke up to a blank screen yesterday morning when Isaac wanted to watch CBBies as it was digital take over day. Our freeview box downstairs had 'frozen' and would not even switch off at the box - fortunately DH had been handling the remote at the time or else my name would have been mud. So since Saturday no TV in the living room. Last night, Brigitte, the technical dinosaur, managed to get it working again. How? I scratched around at the back of the stand, found the lead of the freeview box and pulled the plug out. After 15 minutes or so I put the plug back.

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

The problem with losing your login id is that the 'reset password' option doesn't work. It is supposed to send you a link to your email address, but it doesn't.

I did mention this issue to Jane last year but it doesn't seem to have been resolved.

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Jean Strange

Hi Christine
    My e-mail problems are not on things like this forum or when I am connected to a site via the internet it is if I try to send e-mails from my Sky e-mail account to anyone. It suddenly started asking me for a password supposedly issued by Sky when we signed up well my husband and I have tried to find this but can't. Yes Briggite like you he says it's my fault I must have "pressed something" but I am still nagging him to try to resolve it.
    Back to sorting stuff for school and the stitching!!

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I have always maintained that computers are the work of the devil - despite (or especially!) because I used to work in IT.

Computers also obey the universal law: "if it can go wrong, it will" :o((

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.