The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Jane on TV

(18 posts)
  • Started 13 years ago by hazel c uk
  • Latest reply from Jean Strange

No tags yet.

1. hazel c uk

Hello, I saw Jane on TV yesterday and thought she did very well and did not appear to be at all nervous. Did anybody else see it? I could only get it at 5.0pm and tried to watch it on the computer but failed, kept cutting of.

Hazel C (UK)

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I recorded and watched the 4pm slot on TV, but the 7pm slot was not broadcast on Freeview - at least, my Freeview box maintains that the Create and Craft channel shuts down at 6pm every day - so I could not record that one. Was it very different from the first slot? I tried watching on the laptop but the picture kept breaking up. Grrr.

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. Brigitte Gant

I recorded the 4 pm slot and watched it later (were at Elias's first birthday party). The 7 pm slot was on at 7 am this morning and I watched it while having my early morning cuppa. Thought Mrs G did very well. Will she charge us now for her autograph?

Posted 13 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

The 7 pm slot was on at 7 am this morning

Was it? Damn, I wish I'd known that - I'd have recorded it this morning. Grrrrrr.

Posted 13 years ago #
  5. I only managed to get the 4pm one online. The 7pm one kept freezing and was unwatchable. We only get the basic channels on Freeview down here BBC1,2,3,4 and
    ITV 1,2 and channel 5.We have a sattelite but for some reason the Ideal Craft is no longer on it, but the one I did see I thought Jane did very well. She'll have to tell us all about it on the coach. Sally

Posted 13 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

Very annoyed that the 7.00pm slot wasn't on freeview, and didn't realise it was on at 7.00 am this morning. Learnt a bit more about my istitch, which I didn't know while watching the 4.00pm slot, so it was a good thing I watched. Blow charging for autographs, she's going to want us to curtsey to her!!

Posted 13 years ago #
  7. Brigitte Gant

Well, if we have to curtsey, someone will have to help me up. My knees aint what they used to be.
    It was only by fluke that I caught the 7 pm show at 7 am as I was a bit confused - my general state of being - and had thought I had remembered it wrong, as the freeview channel had said good night at 6 pm.

Posted 13 years ago #
  8. Michelle

We were out all day Saturday but I made my husband tape both shows so I could watch on my return. Learnt more about IStitch so that will be on my wish list now. Enjoyed both shows and I thought she did really well and definitely didn't seem nervous - well done Jane. Looking forward to the other shows now. xx

Posted 13 years ago #
  9. Su Maddocks

Hi all.....I shot home from work and managed to see the 7p.m. programme on my PC...I thought she did really well but that was no surprise...I think it was the ex ward sister in her that helped her keep both her nerves and her co-presenter under control so well !

Posted 13 years ago #
  10. Barbara Stone

It just goes to show what complete dippy tarts we have nowadays as ward sisters. (and thats being polite!) When I was training (more years ago than I care to remember) we were all scared stiff of the ward sister, and spent most of the day keeping out of her way. However when I became a sister myself (not on a ward I hasten to add, but an operating theatre which is completely different), I never found anybody scared of me. Shame really. Anyway, whens the next bit of Jane on the box? I never found that out, not being able to watch the 7.00pm show. Can anybody help? (And Brigitte, if you need help getting up, I'll do it as long as you help me!)

Posted 13 years ago #
  11. 140559

I'm watching the 7pm program at the moment while eating lunch (I recorded it) and it's really good although she's got the giggles at the moment It's very impressive. My mum watched the first one with me and thought that she might have a go. Maybe a Christmas present? I think she's done really well and can't wait for the next ones.

Posted 13 years ago #
  12. Jean Strange

Hi was away in our caravan in the New Forest, couldn't get the freeview channel on the T.V. in the van, nor did we manage to view on the lap top as it just would not play the channel. Was not too happy but am determined to record the next programme so that I can watch it when I get home from work. Just need to check when that is.

Posted 13 years ago #
  13. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I trust you're all going to be glued to the box tomorrow (Thursday) for Jane's TV slots at 10am and 3pm :o))

Posted 12 years ago #
  14. Andrea Thompson

I've freeview+ 'ed it. :-)

Posted 12 years ago #
  15. Brigitte Gant

I don't think I shall be allowed to watch the 10 am slot so have to remember to get it taped somehow. My grandson Isaac is staying over and he will want to watch CBBies. But I should be okay for the 3 pm. slot.

Posted 12 years ago #
  16. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I tend to record most things I want to watch, even if I am actually watching them 'live'. That way, I can go back and watch again, or catch bits I missed, or whatever.

Eventually, I have to delete stuff in order to make room for new recordings!

Posted 12 years ago #
  17. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

More programmes at 1pm and 7pm today - Monday 23rd May.

The 7pm programme looks like it's repeated at 7am tomorrow for those (like me) with Freeview only.

Posted 12 years ago #
  18. Jean Strange

As I have missed all programmes so far (tried to record last weeks but Sky decided it wouldn't record it) am going to pin a large note somewhere to make sure I have Create and Craft on for 7pm this evening!!

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.