The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Have you recovered yet?

(9 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Andrea Thompson
  • Latest reply from annew

No tags yet.

1. Andrea Thompson

I'm guessing the Germany trip has exhausted you all!
    Thought I'd give you a few days to sleep off your excesses and recover from your busy schedule :-) before hassling you for details!
    It's been quiet while you were gone!

So, how was it?

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

Lots of shopping, laughter, fun and a great crowd of ladies. Still trying to sort out everything we bought but we had a really good time. When can we do another one please Jane?

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Yes we had a great time. The Samplers at Celle were marvellous, and the band factory at Wuppertal was as brilliant as ever. The people at Madeira gave us a wonderful reception and it was fascinating to see the way the threads are produced.There was also shopping at Zweigart which was great and of course there was the wine tasting
    which was a great laugh. As Barbara said lots of laughter, shopping and a great crowd of ladies.When can we do another one Jane?

Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Doris

Everything was so great. Jane is a super tour leader and Malcomb impressed us all with his skillful driving and the art of getting out of wee places. The looms at Wuppertal was my favorite (okay, I admit, the guy at the wine tasting provided some spark).

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Brigitte Gant

When I welcomed you, Doris, I said you'd get the prize for the furthest travelled unless someone came from Australia or NZ. Little did we know that we would have such a lovely fellow traveller as Jan from Melbourne joining us, as well as Pam and Pat also hailing from the US of A. Just goes to show that people will do anything to be on THAT coach. I know I shall wish I was on the ocach when I travel along the same stretch of motorway at the end of the month. What a fabulous week we had. Wall to wall sunshine and great fun. I felt really flat after I had dropped off Margaret at Luton airport on Monday afternoon.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Doris

I gladly give up any prize for the pleasure of Jan's company. She put up with me squirming beside her, fighting my seat belt, snoring, sliding down in Malcom's newly polished seats, and talking all the time I wasn't snoring and for all those days. She is a fascinating woman.

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

I wasn't going to mention the wine tasting (or the Champagne tasting), but as Sally did, well it was good wasn't it? And of course, we always admire Malcolm and his little meanders. The trip through the Black Forest was amazing, and the attempt to get up that little road which only ended cos the bridge was too low was typical of our holidays. I just wish I was back on the coach with everybody. At least I wouldn't have to go into work!

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Brigitte Gant

Barbara and all, I'd gladly join you. It's laundry day here yet again. It was lovely to have Margaret arrive ahead of the tour and stay on a couple of nights, so the holiday seemed to go on for a little bit longer. Roll on the next trip - no matter where it goes.

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. annew

Hi Brigitte I am echoing your words. Pat comes to me a couple of
    days before and after our trips. We generally sit and stitch and
    relax. At the mo. I am looking at my untouched pile of purchases
    feeling really frustrated. I have had a bad ear all week and cannot
    do much. Am on some custard tasting tablets so I must be improving
    Lovely holiday keep looking at photos.
    Thanks to you all Love Anne xx

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.