The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

CSG and Italy

(12 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by GRAZIA.04
  • Latest reply from brenda midgley

No tags yet.

1. GRAZIA.04

Hallo! My name is Grazia and I'm an italian member of CSG, so please forget my bad english. Is there any other italian member? I like cross stitch and knitting. I found CSG by chance and I love Jane's works. Now I'm going to make the "Wild hedgerow house sampler": did anyone make it?

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hi Grazia and welcome!

I'm from Britain, but I wonder how many different countries around the world have CSG members?

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Barbara Stone

Hi Grazia, and welcome from me too. I met a lady while I was on holiday in NZ, and she was really interested in joining the CSG. With any luck, she might have done so by now.

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Flee

Hello and welcome from me too - Im in England .............

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Brigitte Gant

Bona sera, Grazia. I live in England, but was born in Germany. I think it is brilliant that that funny little cross on a piece of funny material gathers so many likeminded to communicate and have such fun. Welcome to the madhouse. Hope to read lots from you, and don't worry about your English. We know what you mean.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Doris

Hi Grazia. I live in the USA, (Florida). Welcome and be prepared to fall in love with this group of stitchers. They are each unique, but together, they are awesome.

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Hello Doris - how nice to see your name pop up. Do you know I've just found an e-mail from you on my computer inviting me to join crappy stitchers - oh no, sorry - Happy Stitchers. For some inexplicable reason your e-mail had been put in my Junk Mail box -don't understand how that's happened - when I've got time I might get round to joining your group - are they as mad as we are?

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Barbara Stone

Come off it Brenda, how could any other group be as mad as we are? Nice to hear from you again Doris, and hope you're keeping well. Brenda I have a photo of you gazing longingly at the different size bottles of champagne we saw at the tasting. For a small fee, I will agree not to publish!!! Be warned!

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. GRAZIA.04

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE! I'm a member of the Italian Cross Stitch Association too and I think that cross-stitchers are always very special people. Do you agree?

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. Hello Barbara - so you've got a photo of me. Hope the camea is still working. I laughed at the 'small fee' as it brought back memories of another occasion. I was a secretary in our local hospital for about 20 odd years and one Christmas everyone got together to put on a show in the Main Outpatients Hall. I was asked if I would sell programmes (patients - who could leave their wards - and their families were attending). I said yes, of course but it was only afterwards I found out I had to dress up as a bunny girl. Well, I ask you. I'm not fat now but I was even thinner then so you've never seen anything less like a bunny girl than me. Anyway me and another girl, Carol (who DID look like a bunny girl) got into our outfits. One of our Nurse Tutors took our photo and several weeks later a copy of it ended up on my desk with a note 'Negative availale at a price'. Just a bit of harmless fun. We had lots of fun working in the hospital in those days. Probably there's too much pressure now and the workload is just a daily grind.

I do wonder what happened to Carol though. She was such a nice girl; worked for the District Administrator. They probably don't have those now. We also had 'Personnel Departments' in those days - they're all called Human Remains or something now aren't they.

See what you've got me doing! - a wander down memory lane. I do recall feeling very tired by the end of that evening - standing up all night in stilleto heels made me feel more than a bit jiggered. Couldn't sit down because of a ruddy great pom pom on me bum! Thank you Barbara - what memories you've brought back.

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. Barbara Stone

Grazia, cross stitchers are all lovely people. I've yet to meet one who isn't. Glad I was able to bring back happy memories for you Brenda. If you'd like to let me have your e mail address, I'll send you the photo. And yes, the camera is still working.

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. Thank you Barbara - you can reach me on brenda.midgley@tiscali.co.uk. If I end up with a virus because of some dodgy looking bird on a photo I shall know who to blame - myself!

Hope you can manage to come to Leicester - it all depends on your husband's knee job as I understand it. Knowing hospitals these days - let's just hope they put his knees on the right way round - you don't want him walking backwards everywhere..........

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.