The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Tea & Sympathy

(18 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Doris
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone
  1. Doris

I need sympathy from the best group of stitchers in the world...y'all. One of the "gifts" I got from my trip with y'all was .. I got my confidence back. I've been doing hardanger like there's no tomorrow, drawn work, and you ought to see my bullion stitches!

I joined an online site "Stitchin Fingers". I always comment on others pics because they are nice and cuz we all need encouragement. Right off I showed pics of my Gems trip, got a few feedbacks (is feedbacks a noun?). Then I put up a pic of my cover for My Little Linen Book, got a few fb's. Since then I have put up 3 pictures and only one comment!! OK, so my work isn't good enough, but this hurts. I am trying very hard to improve my work but this has been like a slap.

Thank you. I needed to whine.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hi Doris!

My only gripe with this forum is that you can't post pictures. If you could, then I'm sure we'd all make lots of lovely comments. I certainly wouldn't worry about lack of feedback in another forum.

Christine

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Flippin' 'eck Doris - if this is all you've got to whine about you need your head looking at. Do yourself a list. Two columns. Column 1 - things to whine about - response: Negative feedback from someone. Column 2 - things to be grateful for: - you are a lovely lady (I hate you); you have lovely long curly hair (I hate you even more); you haven't got the brains you were born with (I like you a bit better now); you have a curvaceous figure (I only need to eat a bit more; you probably stitch better than me (now I've really gone off you).

See - now you are smiling. Isn't the world a lovely place really. Stick up two of your Stitching Fingers at all those who ignored you. We in CSG absolutely LOVE you!

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Don't take any notice of anybody who tells you that you can't stitch properly Doris. We know, because we were with you for a week, that you can stitch, you can stitch very well, and if you can do the little Linen book then you can definitely do good work. If you've been given negative feedback, well I'd like to see the work done by those people who were negative. I'd like to see them do any better. Don't take it to heart Doris, we all love you, so think positive girl - you've got lots of friends in this little Island country and we want you to come back again to see us next year, so yah boo sucks to those nasty horrible people. Nuff said?

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Brenda, you really shouldn't put yourself down. You're lovely too, with a wicked sense of humour & at least you have hair - I think we should start a baldies section of the guild, as there seem to be a few of us with shiny tops. Looking forward to catching up in Leicester.

Doris, I've not had the pleasure of meeting you, but you sound wonderful. Don't worry about the other forum. Like Brenda says I wish we could post pictures here.

Helen

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Brigitte Gant

Just remember that some people are already so full of themselves that there is no room for anything or anybody else. Don't waste your precious time on them. Stick with us. Yes, it would be lovely to have the facility to show pictures here. Not that I am nosey, but I love looking at what other people do. The other two stitching forums of which I am a member have the facility and there are some absolutely fascinating items in their gallery. Doris, you can always email us and send us your pics as an attachment. Do you want a point system from 0 to 100 or words or appreciation?

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Andrea Thompson

Hi Doris,
    I wouldn't worry too much... They haven't given you negative comments, they just haven't commented yet.:-) Could be they are all away on holiday? It went pretty quiet on here when you lot went to Germany! Is it often the same group of people who make comments, cause it probably is just that they aren't there.
    It doesn't mean they don't like your work... just run out of ways of saying how marvellous it is :-)
    Andrea

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Doris

Thank you all so much. I knew you'd get me smiling. Love you Brenda. :) I don't whine often, it's ignored here in this house so doesn't do any good. LOL And y'all are right ... I let my feelings get hurt by others that don't matter to me. I'd give most anything to be in that little island country to enjoy y'all. I wished we could upload photo's on here too. I've seen y'alls work and it took my breath away. But you gave me confidence just by your skills.

Brenda, my curvaceous figure is more like the shape of a pear. But pears are good. I don't look at others work and think who is the better stitcher. I usually gasp and drool over others work. (Needs a bib) Here's my July quote: "Needlework is better than Chocolate."

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. Hello again Doris - sorry, can't agree with you that stitching is better than chocolate - it's a close run thing to me. I've got a Toblerone in the fridge right at this moment - a peace offering from my husband; he got himself into trouble with me again yesterday - all over a flipping compost bin from Wilkinson's! - don't ask. Anyway we are friends again now. Fortunately these things are minor blips - we are neither of us into sulks or silences and he does have his uses (must look in the diary to see when that last occurred). In the meantime I am now the owner of a Toblerone (yippee) - mind you; I've been telling Christine Berrett by e-mail just this morning - I would also like to be the owner of Purple Poppy by Bothy Threads. Just so pretty. Maybe next time the husband is out of favour, he might like to buy me Purple Poppy to redeem himself. I'll file that thought in my brain as a reminder - I probably won't have to wait that long.

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Brenda

Brilliant idea - set up a Wish List of kits, etc. and present it to your husband at the appropriate moment for him to choose a peace offering from!

Cab.

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. 140559

What a great idea. They could be listed in levels of annoyance. Maybe a card kit for forgetting to put out the bins up to a large kit for daring to eat the last bit of chocolate in the house! I'm so looking forward to meeting you in Leicester. Alison

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

I don't need more kits, I need the time to do things. What with making squisy bags for my nieces birthday presents, hunting high and low for my spare camera battery, going to work, making costumes for dogs for a friends wedding (Don't ask, but I wish I could put the pictures on here for you to chortle over. I've done some daft things in my time, but dressing a dog as Elvis, complete with guitar, and the other in a tuxedo, takes the biscuit. I woudn't have done it to a dog of mine, but that's what the customer wanted), and last but by no means least acting as nursey to my husband after he had his knee replaced, I don't have a lot. Anybody got any ideas for getting more?

Posted 12 years ago #
  13. Oh Barbara - the cry of us all! More time....yes please, if you ever find out how to achieve it we need all the tips we can get.

Loved the sound of your friend's dog dressed as Elvis - was he wearing Blue Suede Shoes to the wedding?! If you can, do remember to bring some photos on the trip to Scotland. I just wonder for how long he wore his outfit before patience ran out. As a child I had a cat called Billy, a big scruffy old grey tabby, and he would always let me put a dolly's bonnet on him tied up under his chin. Never lasted very long of course - I adored Billy.

Ah well, back to the day job - I keep thinking of the tune now - "You ain't nuthin' but a hounddog, crying all the time...." - groan, yes I know, corny joke; sorry; best I can do today!

Posted 12 years ago #
  14. Barbara Stone

They haven't even had the wedding yet, so I'm waiting for the photos of the two dogs at the service. However, when I did the final fitting, both of them were wearing their costumes (minus the guitar in the case of Elvis) and did so for about four hours. Oh well, I'll bring the photos I've taken, with me to Glasgow. That's another thing on the list of things to bring!

Posted 12 years ago #
  15. Oh - she's got TWO Dogsmaids - what a hoot! You do do some interesting things Barbara; you must keep us posted. Hope the caterers for the wedding remember to feed the dogs as well as the humans. Wonder if they are going to be included in the honeymoon as well - depends where the humans are going I suppose.

Posted 12 years ago #
  16. Barbara Stone

Dogsmaids!! What a name. Must tell her that one. I'll send you the photos I took of them, so you can see what you think.

Posted 12 years ago #
  17. Brigitte Gant

Well, I have heard that at some wedding it was muttered that the bridesmaid looked a dog, but an actual dog?????

Posted 12 years ago #
  18. Barbara Stone

Now now Brigitte, that's not worthy of you!

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.