The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

stamped cross stitch ???

(6 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Crafteresa
  • Latest reply from craftaholic
  • poll: Stamped cross stitch kit? is it worth trying?
    no, the finished item is not as good as regular cross stitch : (9 votes)
    60 %
    no, they are too difficult to follow : (2 votes)
    13 %
    yes, they are easy to follow : (1 votes)
    7 %
    yes, they are quite hard to follow but worth it : (0 votes)
    no you will hate working it : (3 votes)
    20 %
    yes you will love working it : (0 votes)
  1. Crafteresa

Hello everyone,
    I have just joined and this is my first post!

I would like to ask your advice please.....

I have fallen in love with Dimensions item...
    13139 HUMMINGBIRD & FUSCHIA CROSS STITCH KIT
    the designer is Lena Lui and I really want to get it

BUT
    its a "stamped" cross stitch kit but I have never worked one before, I am used to working with aida.

a couple of friends on another forum say that stamped kits are a real let down and difficult to do, with the finished item not reaching their expectations, they also say there's no chart like with regular cross stitch???

therefore, I would like to ask your advice / opinion, if you have ever done a stamped kit please let me know how you got on especially if anyone has done this particular kit

many thanks

Crafteresa

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

When I was young and inexperienced in the ways of cross stitch, I did a stamped cross stitch kit, and was so disappointed in the finished result. However, if you really want to do it, then go for it. If its the kit you've been lookin for all your life, then you will be happy with it, whatever it turns out like. Just follow your heart!

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Crafteresa

Thank you Barbara ;o)
    I noticed when browsing through some dimensions charts online that a chart I am doing now is also available as a stamped kit! so I have my fingers crossed because I have emailed Dimensions in the hope that the same design I have fell in love with is available as chart only, like the one I am doing now!
    I will see what they say but thanks for the encouragement!

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Crafteresa

no look from dimensions unfortunately so i will just wait and get on with what I am already doing!

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Well, good luck with it anyway!

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. craftaholic

Personally i have never done a stamped cross-stitch, I like the feeling of starting with blank aida/lined and then seeing the picture i have done from scratch. But thats just me. If you like it, go for it!!:)

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.