The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Smiling despite the weather

(11 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Christine Berrett
  • Latest reply from Jean Strange

No tags yet.

1. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

The rain might be persisting down outside, but I'm happy because I've just received Issue 86 of Stitch That!

The Mary Fowler sampler looks particularly interesting...

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. It's actually bright sunshine here, but it was good to receive Issue 86 of Stitch That.

There's certainly some lovely charts etc. in it. I will study it in detail later.

Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. 140559

I got mine today! So pleased after the trouble I had getting issue 85. Mine still hasn't turned up so thank you to Barbara for sending me her spare. Alison

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

I got mine this morning also. Having trouble with the Sudoko, but I'll persist!!Got to do a bit more on the band sampler, but I've just started quilting a patchwork quilt for one of my nieces, and I've still got the other one to layer and quilt, so I've got a few things on my plate at the moment. Glad you got yours Alison.

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Brigitte Gant

Got my copy today, too. Good to see the next tour is taking shape. What do you mean, Barbara, you will join us if you get the time off work? You tell them you're away and that's that. What would the world be coming to, if you let something as stupid as work get in the way of getting on that coach. I do not want to hear such silly talk from you again.
    By the way, I had lunch with Alison last week. Really enjoyed meeting her. Thanks again for a lovely time, Alison. Any news re your surgeon yet?

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Doris

Raising my hand to vote with Brigitte, Barbara. Free to a good home ... this weather here. up to the hundred mark and over. I do not like hot weather. I may not leave Norway. That is the weather I grew up to love.

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. 140559

I like hot weather but this is just too humid. My hands are far too sticky and sweaty to stitch. Brigitte, I really enjoyed meeting you and will write soon. No more news on my surgeon but it's looking like October. Going to talk to Jane later but I don't think I'll make Scotland. Norway looks good though. Never thought I'd wish for autumn and winter but I'm too hot and it's really energy sapping. Alison xx

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Barbara Stone

Brigitte, I was actually told a couple of days ago, that I wouldn't be able to book any holiday for next year (April 2012 - March 2013) until the 1st April 2012. And as I fully intend getting on that coach on the 14th, you can see what a problem that would be!! Anyway, everybody regards that as stupid, but thats what my boss is like so you can see I might have a problem. I have decided however, that if thats what she fully intends to do, then I will just hand in my notice, and wave goodbye to the lot of them. That just raises one more problem, I wouldn't be able to afford to come on the holidays, but I'll have time to think about how to sort that problem if it arises. I WILL be on that coach, and you can save me a seat if you're on it before me please. Hot weathers lovely, but a) I can't stitch, and b)the grounds too hard to dig on the allotment. We're never satisfied are we?

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. 140559

Barbara, yo've got to be on the coach. How are we ever going to meet otherwise? Alison xx

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. Barbara Stone

Like I said Alison, I WILL be on that coach. Counting the sleeps already!!

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. Jean Strange

My Stitch That was waiting on the mat when I got back from my holiday. A lovely treat to sit down with when the unpacking was done. Barbara your boss sounds a bit like the one my husband had a little while ago. He complained that my husband always booked holidays around bank holidays and school holidays. When Jeff reminded him that I am a teacher he said "but they get 12 weeks plus holiday a year" He seemed to think I could walk in and book holidays when ever I liked!! If only I'd be on that coach too if that was the case!

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.