The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Cross Stitch Rose Garden Letter Designs

(9 posts)
  1. yvetteb

Many years ago I started to stitch the individual letters for the Rose Garden collection. The intention being to complete the whole alphabet and make a lovely throw incorporating the individual letters. Unfortunately I never completed all the letters at that time and now wanting to complete this project I am missing some letters. Does anyone know where I can get hold of the kits or design patterns. I'm missing 12 of the letters.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. kaje007

Hi there, I'm in exactly the same position. The Elizabeth Stuart Rose Garden letters were the very first cross stitch I ever tried some 19 years ago, and unfortunately the charts for those letters have since been lost in one of several moves :-( I have since managed to acquire 3 further ones A(Amy Ronstart), U(Ulster Monarch) and W(White Cockade). My original 4 were Y(York Rose), G(Greensleeves), X(Xanthinia) and F(Fleet Street). Not unsurprisingly it was my intention to revisit all of these do as you say and make a throw for my mother (who was the recipient of my earlier endevours) however these charts/kits have proven very elusive. I'm rambling now, but I would be grateful if you could pass on any new information you may have. Many thanks indeed, Kristjan.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. JeannieQ

Hi, I'm new to this. But I have two Elizabeth Stuart Rose Garden letters, A(Amy Robsart) and D(Dame of Sark) and I know I must have the 'J' somewhere too as I did it for my Mum. I can copy the charts and send them to both of you if you want them.
    These were really popular about 25 years ago so you may be able to gather up all the letters if other stitchers are like me and hoard all the charts forever. The charts give thread colours but not the DMC or Anchor numbers and I have no threads left to match the colours so you'd have to rely on the tiny coloured picture on the front.
    Good luck in your search. Jean McBride

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. margarita

I've got the I(Irish Mist). As Jean said there are no thread numbers, as it was a kit.

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Hi Ladies

I do not know the collection you mention but there is a book of Rose Alphabets from the American School of Needlework by Terrece Beesley and Trice Boerens. This is a booklet of 13 Rose Alphabets which might help you out. If you cannot find a copy I do one of two things for you give you the ISBN number and publisher although it might be out of print. Or if you write to me and send me one or two of the letters I will look through the book and if I find an alphabet that matches scan them into my computer and send them to you via email, if that is any help. Just let me know it is not a problem.
    Best wishes
    Barbara in France

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. kaje007

Hi again, I'm not too sure where we'd stand on copyright by scanning the charts, however, I personally feel that if the company is no longer in existance it can't really hurt, can it? I would be very grateful for any charts that anyone has and will try and do my best to scan in the ones I have. With regard to Jean and Margarita's comments about thread numbers, I have noticed on the charts that I have done, that many of the symbols used are unique to the floss numbers, so, for example, the varying greens used in the leaves have the same symbols in each design and therefore represent the same thread number. I should imagine that with a copy of the little picture on the front and a little bit of comparing charts that the floss numbers could be fairly accurately identified. All the best, Kristjan

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. kaje007

Well I know this is unlikely to yield fruit lol (hopefully not) but my email is kj.ford@hotmail.com if anyone does have any charts that they can let me have, many thanks :-)

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. margarita

We have visitors at the moment, so I have limited access to my 'sewing room' aka guest bedroom.
    When they have gone I will sort out the pattern(s) I have and get them to you.

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. kaje007

Hi JeannieQ I would be interested in the Dame of Sark chart if you wouldn't mind :-) Thank you. Kristjan

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.